New owner with problems

Hello
I Just took ownership of my child hood dream car with a bit of a risk (got it from auction and was told it would run but not recommended because of ticking). I have just completed the upgrade to 3mm lifters but the ticking is still there, coming from the gearbox end. I changed the oil and checked the old oil for glitter but non found. I think the sump is slightly dented but not extreme and cold start i have oil pressure but loose it when its hot (just above Low). Is there much more to check untill i write it off that it needs a engine?

Non turbo Mk 1 80000KM
Been stood for a while

Hi @scot,

welcome to the forum, pictures of the car would be a good way of introducing yourself as the members here just love the pics, a bit about you and where you’re from. There is a membership on here but I will leave that to @James3000GT. That would give you access to the huge database of information on here too.

Welcome to the best car club, have you a video as the ‘tick’ could be anything really.

Terry :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi @scot ,

Welcome to GTOUK :+1:

As Terry says pictures of your car are always welcome.

We do indeed operate a subscription model and with a full membership you can access many technical areas and tips and tricks to help you along with your car.

Full membership can be purchased here:

James
Club secretary

1 Like