New Server and Lost Posts

We have moved the site to a temporay server, until we get a perminent one sorted next week.

There are currently some areas not working, gallery, banners & shop.

I will be working on these slowly but I think I have done plenty today.

Oh and not sure if it send emails out yet.

Also we had to restore from a backup I made on Sunday at about 5am, so we lost another 8 hours of posts on Sunday morning and anything posted on the slow ■■■■ server we were put on.

Mark

hi mate, not sure if its just me but view new posts doesnt work for me

i also went to gtouk chat and got this message

As you are not a full member you only get access to
live chat for 4 weeks from join date.

You have been a member for 292 weeks

Please sign up as a full member to re-gain access to this facility

thanks for your help.

same problems as i have. the “new posts since last visit” shows up with no results :?

Can you try clearing your cache and cookies.

Mark

Tryed this.

i also need to log in every time i visit the site after turning on the computer. :?

the “view new posts” link doesnt work when i first log in, but if i have had the forum open in a window for a while and i click “view new posts” it shows up posts since i logged in. :?

hope my computer not playing up, i only had it 3 months!

Hmm your the first that told me that they actually done it.

Try downloading http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ and running that, it clears out loads of crap.

Mark

dont work on mine :frowning:

Since the site has moved server again mine has been fine. all problems dissapeared!

Thanks anyway Mr Toad!

[quote]

Oh and not sure if it send emails out yet.

Mark[/quote]

Mark if you remember I was having problems with e mails a couple of weeks back…
don’t know what you did but a couple of days ago I started getting e mails telling me I have a pm again…
but today I received a pm but with no e mail again… just thought I’d tell you :wink: