Newbie looking to buy a GTO

Hi,

Just joined the forum. I have always been in love with the GTO/3000GT look since I was a kid in the 90’s. Now having a job where I don’t drive much I need to swap my current big Diesel car (Which is spending most of its time on the driveway) with something more fun. I have looked around for the past month for GTO’s, but it seems hard to find any really good ones within my budget which are also not very far away (Im in Maidenhead). I am after a Mk1 or Mk2 Twin Turbo. GTO or 3000GT does not matter. Great buyers guide on here by the way!!

Would prefer a car which is not heavily modified and of-course with minimal rust etc. I don’t mind a bit of a project, but it should be able to start and run and have no major faults to fix.

It seems that my top budget of £5.000 should be able to get me something decent. Or am I dreaming?

Maybe there are even some members who has a car for sale that could match my search?

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to GTOUK @casper £ 5.000 should get You a decent TT, good luck with Your search !

1 Like

Hi matey,

Welcome to GTOUK.

Good luck with your search, hope to see you with your purchase on here.

Steve

Hi @casper, welcome to the fold, there are some decent cars out there, just keep looking.

Good luck,

Terry :sunglasses:

welcome to the club :slight_smile: just take your time finding the right car just might have to travel for it :confused:

Thanks for the warm welcome. Im keeping on searching. It seems like this forum could also be a good place to buy to also get the added security of having someone with history and more credibility than a random Ebay person.

1 Like

Hi mate, welcome to the club, don’t know how many of the classifieds are still for sale on here but no harm in asking :sunglasses:

Hi, and welcome to the club.
Enda

i got my gto from a member and im very hppy with it :slight_smile: its why i joined :slight_smile: and i stay as the info on the site is crazy just about anything you want to do some one has done before and tells you what and how they have done it :slight_smile:

@robbiewarriner: Thanks I have written some PMs already. :slight_smile:

@alec_shewan: Great to hear. I must say reading through the forum before I joined there seems to be a fantastic community on here. Cant wait to “get started”.

3 Likes