Newbie need help please

Hi everyone I’m so glad I found this group. I’ve had my 1991 gto tt 3yrs and love him to bits. Hoping someone can help me find a plug for the back of an original 93 radio I bought. Even a wiring diagram would be helpful. Ive found a few but they aren’t the right ones and I’m at my wits end. Be good to get to know you all.
Thanks.
Laura

4 Likes

Hi Laura welcome to GTOUK…
I’m sure some more members will be along this evening to help you, well done for getting the pics uploaded… they would have only screamed at you PICTURES :joy:

Looks very nice…

Dave

1 Like

Yeah I read a few other posts and seen everyone asking for pictures :rofl:
Thanks you

Laura

Hi Laura

Is the white plugs still on the original car wiring harness and you just need an adapter to allow your stereo to plug in the standard car harness like the one below ??

http://www.evilempireperformance.co.uk/gto-3000gt-shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_98&products_id=511

1 Like

I need one like in the picture you put up but needs to fit this

Thanks for helping :blush:

Laura

Welcome to Gtouk

Not the best picture but are they the 2 plugs your after I’ll get some better picture and a wiring diagram tomorrow when I’m at work

Mark

3 Likes

If they are the size to the ones in the pictures I put up then yes please?! Thank u so much for Ur help.

Laura

Welcome to GTOUK !

Car Audio Wire Diagram Codes Mitsubishi – Factory Car Stereo

3 Likes

Welcome Laura. Think I recognise your car from Facebook??

Spiros seems to have hit the nail on the head with that diagram.

1 Like

Yeah possibly maxxbradley. Thanks for the diagram spiros :blush: I will give it a go. I tried another diagram and it didn’t work ffs lol

Pictures and wire colours hope you can read my writing :joy::joy:

Hope that helps

Still don’t see how your going to get your I pod in that slot at the top of the head unit and can’t see where the dvds go :joy::joy:

Mark

6 Likes

■■■■■■ typical… women joins up and @markie1978 is putting his phone number in pictures :joy:
Great work as always…

Dave :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

You can only see 2 of the 11 thou girl in every port and that as if :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Much you want for the plug? Lol don’t own an ipod :rofl: I’ve tapes and there’s an aux port lol which ones are live, negative, switch on live etc?
Thanks you

Laura

1 Like

Give me 10 mins and I’ll work it out from spiros diagram and mine for a plug you could try Graham’s auto world you need the later type thou I have 2 1992’s and the tt is the early type plugs from the 1st picture above I had to pull the n/a apart for the right plug connector

2 Likes

Thanks I really appreciate all your help :blush:

I would say blue permanent live and red with black line ignition live or the other way round can check easy enough with a multimeter earth will probably be through the chassis when screwed in place

4 Likes

Thanks so much :relaxed:

1 Like