Newbie saying hi with rare GT SL

Hi Guys and girls. My name is Joe. I have owned my 3000gt sl since 1990 which I shipped to the UK when I moved back from the States in 94. Loved the car so much and couldn’t bare to part with it. Recent pix attached. All stock and 110k miles on the clock. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and hope to see you at some shows.

9 Likes

Hi joe4 welcome to the group lovely car which has some fantastic wheels .plenty of meets planned check the events section lets hope you make some.

2 Likes

Hi Joe,

Welcome to our family

Steve

Welcome to GTOUK Joe car looks Great :+1:

Hi Joe
Welcome to the club, interesting car, maybe only one in the Uk, so stock car fwd l presume? Looks very clean, hope you have rust protection, needed in the Uk.
Good luck with your car.

Welcome.
Nice car. I too have just joined the club and finding my way around.
Gary

Hi Jerry
The car is 100% stock and only has factory protection. Every nut bolt and screw still as shiny as the day it left the factory. My dealer in the States thought I was crazy when I would order a new bolt because the old one was a little tarnished. The car has just been valued at £30k but I could get a lot more for it in the States where they go up to $65k. This it a very rare model with front wheel drive and front wheel steer but has more powerful non turbo engine, ecs and leather seats like the turbo models.

Who valued your car mate, 30k seems to be excessively high, in reality these cars are what you can get for them, if that is, like anyone else here, you wanted to sell.

Oh! by the way, welcome to the club as well. Pictures look good too.

Have noticed lately that when a new member arrives, he/she must have read the newbie posts and seen that we crave pictures. If you send @spiros the first part of your postcode he will add you to the owners map.

Once again, welcome along.

Terry :sunglasses:

This month the club will be at the Nec, Birmingham 22-24 March for one of the biggest classic car shows in the Uk, be great to meet up if you could make it.
We have discounted tickets via the club.
Its the Practical Classic Classic Car Show with Discovery, threads on the forum.
Cheers

The valuation was done by the insurance company based on condition of the car and average price this model goes for in the States. You may be interested to know that one of these sold today on Belgium ebay for 97,400 EU.
I have had 2 offers of £25k and turned them both down because the car is not for sale. She has been with me since she was born and it was love at first sight. Its a bit like the wife. No one else can see her value but after 30 years, you just can’t imagine being apart.

1 Like

(upload://9YHHmL5pgZoRaH5tUXKkX7f03dO.jpeg)

5 Likes

Hi, Welcome. Nice motor. Nice to see it in such good condition and standard. Hope you can make a show or two from our events list this summer.

Ian.

Another Great example in our GTOUK :+1:

This can only be Good for our cars !

1 Like

I would love to be there but I have some friends visiting from the states and they are bringing some goodies so I can’t make it this year. Will definitely be at shows later in the year.

1 Like

That looks fantastic. Out of interest how long did it take you to do the work?

At the moment, I am about 200 hours in to it and I recon I have the same again to do. I just do bits here and there when I have a bit of time spare. I am lucky enough to have a massive inventory of parts on the shelf so it helps. It seems that I have the 3000GT SL mixed up with pictures of the GTO twin turbo that I am restoring. Does anybody know how to delete them from this posting because they are also in my other posting for the restoration ?

1 Like

Hi Joe
At the bottom of your post you should see a pencil in blue or grey
If you click this you can edit your post.
Cars look fantastic by the way, great work.

Thanks Jensen

1 Like

Hi and welcome, that engine bay looks like new.
Enda