Non turbo upgrades

Preformatted textHI ALL. DOES ANYONE RECCOMEND UPGRADING TO MAGNECOR LEADS AND PLATINUM SPARK PLUGS FOR THE NON TURBO GTO. ALSO IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN MAP A NON TURBO GTO TO GIVE A TAD MORE POWER. ???

You could… The question would be if it is worth it. Those parts and a map would cost you quite a bit of money and the benefits would be minimal I would guess. My advice is that it wouldn’t be worth the money but its eat to their own I guess. Sure someone on here would have done similar before and would be able to give a better input.

Fit a nitrous kit,that’s by far the cheapest and most power effective on a non turbo.
Otherwise buy a turbo one
Jerry :grinning:

2 Likes

Probably nitrous for the for the biggest bang for buck but for constant power you can spend a lot and not get much back, all the bits you said plus intake exhaust l had a dastek chip on mine.
Think i got about an extra 15-20 brake.
For bigger power 12-1 pistons injectors electronics.
Expensive but could get you somewhere.
You could always fit a supercharger!!
Like l did just over 500bhp but dont ask about the cost.
Will send you a photo l like upgraded n a,s!!
Jerry

1 Like

CHEERS BUDDY ILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED.[quote=“maxxbradley, post:2, topic:72033, full:true”]
You could… The question would be if it is worth it. Those parts and a map would cost you quite a bit of money and the benefits would be minimal I would guess. My advice is that it wouldn’t be worth the money but its eat to their own I guess. Sure someone on here would have done similar before and would be able to give a better input.
[/quote]

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

WHERE DO I GET THE DASTEK CHIP FROM. OH AND THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

WHERE DO I FIND A DASTEK CHIP. Preformatted text

Dastek were in dalgety bay in Scotland north of Edinburgh, don,t know if they are still going, it was a while ago for me and l do wonder now if it was worth it

If you want to have a ruined car that over fuels like crazy and drives like fiesta Fit a Dastek or a uni chip to the ecu !!

THEY DO NOT WORK ON OUR CARS AND PEOPLE WHO FIT THEM SHOULD BE PUBLICLY FLOGGED !!

Nitrous is also a NO NO as it loads the crank bearings too hard and causes Big End failures !!

If you want more power

Make your NA as nice an example as possible and then sell it and buy a twin turbo as its a much better platform to build on and they come with an extra 100 BHP straight away

The cost in buying a TT will be cheaper than tuning the NA to any BHP worth having

Seeing Robs post, tbo l kind of agree, l would not do a chip again and nitrous is not my for me l want something there all the time.
My car has a 3000gt full drivetrain and so many mods its far removed from an na
Dont ask about the cost!! Been on with it since 2003!
Modding an na is a tough one but that did not stop me but there is not many as daft as l am lol !!

HI. DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A TRANSFER BOX FOR A 93 TT. REGARDS, NICKPreformatted text

5 or 6 speed(presume 5) have you tried grahams autoworld? Used
Has Rob at E E got a new one.
I will ask around.

THANKS JERRY. YES ITS A 5 SPEED. PICKING THE CAR UP SATURDAY WITH A POORLY TRANSFER BOX. TIME FOR THE N/A TO MAKE WAY.[quote=“jerry_SC, post:13, topic:72033, full:true”]
5 or 6 speed(presume 5) have you tried grahams autoworld? Used
Has Rob at E E got a new one.
I will ask around.
[/quote]