Norwich union

Norwich Union came up trumps for me-39 ,full no claims,no convictions,fully comp,cat 1,£520 !!!
Most others wanted over £1000.

Norwich Union told me they didn’t insure imports, so I am (probably not) right in guessing that your car is UK 3000GT?

Steve (dreaming of insurance under a grand!!!)

[quote=“Homer Lawtey”]Norwich Union told me they didn’t insure imports, so I am (probably not) right in guessing that your car is UK 3000GT?

Steve (dreaming of insurance under a grand!!!)/q

They do insure imports as mine is and I evan got them to put in brackets on my ins docs “IMPORT”

You must of spoken to someone new there that never had a clue ?

They were about the last company I phoned and I was shocked that they turned out to be the cheepest ![/quote]

At Norwich Union?

NEVER!!!

The guys at Nowich Union have quoted me ‘happy’ many times, unfortunately the policy schedues have come through wrong 3 times out of 3 (different cars), and each time when I have phoned to correct their mistakes they have tried to up the premium to more than the ‘going rate’. The last time was with the Astra which is my second car. I told them to get the tapes out, and they did. Realising they were wrong, they couldn’t even muster a pathetic apology.

Perhaps I should give them another call about the GTO!!!

I know what your saying as today I received a letter stating that they did not have my registration no on their records ??
I would’nt mind but ive had the insurance running for 6 months !!! :lol:

My renewal came through on my car from Norwich union for £1300 full protected NCB and 44 years old. Told them where to go went to Frizzels and even with all my mods the premium is £615

Brendan

[quote]My renewal came through on my car from Norwich union for £1300 full protected NCB and 44 years old. Told them where to go went to Frizzels and even with all my mods the premium is £615

Brendan[/quote]

How much !!!

If they give me the renewel price you got i’ll have to sell the wife ! :lol:

Norwich Union only insure imported cars registered from 1993 onwards and then there are some cars they won’t do. Check out the web site which confirms this.(norwichuniondirect.co.uk)
In the event of a claim, if your car is older i.e. Mk 1 GTO they probably wouldn’t pay out but if they’ve sold you the policy, you’d have a good case :smiley: .Might be worth checking the registration date they have got.
I ended up going with a Royal & Sun Alliance limited mileage policy for £440. Just hope renewal isn’t too much different :lol:
As everyone has said, shop around. Auto Trader has some good Insurance links on its website as well.

Hi I have been quoted £395 by Osbournes & £365 by Footman James. Tescos have excepted my GTO which I have just changed over for the the last two months till my renewal is due. I wonder how much then.

Regards Ron

hi reading all the things about insurance and norwich union got mine through swinton/collanade and they have insured my mk1 gto for £750 although they claimed that they dont have a 3000gt on there books and would there for need to insure it as a tubo i thought that would be able to negotiate a lower price when policy came through but with no success :frowning: if footman james better may cut losses and change 36 full no claims protected full comp

as I discovered, the other problem with NU is that if you do make a claim, they’ll try every trick under the sun to screw you, including taking away all your no claims even though the policy documents clearly state you can make 1 no fault claim without affecting your ncb

bastards