NOTTINGHAM Area Meet - 25th October (Sunday)

Nottingham meet this month is on the 25th & at the usual place, all welcome & the more the merrier :slight_smile:

White Post Inn
Ollerton Road
Farnsfield, Newark, NG22 8HN
01623 882215

Dan.

PS My rear steering is now fixed so I’ll be in the GT, Yay! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Might even make this one myself :roll:

Julian.

What was the problem in the end mate?

We should be there this month too, was hoping to pop in to the last one but just had too much to do.

Dave

It turned out it was leaking from the pipes just before the rack. However, it was a pig of a job to replace them and it took them 15 hours!

They did give me a massive discount though, but it was still expensive…

As I seem to be suffering from corrosion on the underside of the car, I’m considering getting it treated. I think £300 to get it done might well be a good investment.

Thanks again Dave for your help when it first went.

Cheers,

Dan.

I’ve got all the waxoil gear and a compressor down at the workshop if you fancy having a go. You’ll be doing it yourself though, coz I hate that job with a passion. Always end up with more on me than the car :roll:

Dave

Dan,

I can recommend http://www.jrclassics.co.uk/, he did a cracking job, and on a sunday too :shock:

He said it was one of the cleanest cars he’d seen, so it seemed like a good investment as we won’t be putting it into hibernation in the winter :skid:

It was £315 with a 3 year guarantee and a free inspection every 12 months :smiley:

Will be looking forward to seeing everybody again at the meet,

Sean and Connie

[quote]

[quote]

As I seem to be suffering from corrosion on the underside of the car, I’m considering getting it treated. I think £300 to get it done might well be a good investment.[/quote]

Dan,

I can recommend http://www.jrclassics.co.uk/, he did a cracking job, and on a sunday too :shock:

He said it was one of the cleanest cars he’d seen, so it seemed like a good investment as we won’t be putting it into hibernation in the winter :skid:

It was £315 with a 3 year guarantee and a free inspection every 12 months :smiley:

Sean and Connie[/quote]

The difference there is yours is a GTO & not seen any salt, Dans on the other hand is a 3000GT & lived all it`s life on UK salted roads :roll:

Julian

[quote]

[quote]

Dan,

Sean and Connie

The difference there is yours is a GTO & not seen any salt, Dans on the other hand is a 3000GT & lived all it`s life on UK salted roads :roll:

Julian[/quote]

Thats why I got it done, so it didn’t end up in the same state, and at least it’ll stop Dan’s getting any worse…

Sean and Connie

Hoping to make it myself if i can get my car back on the road. Just waiting for a new crankshaft pulley - the old one just fell apart - funny that! :shock:

Nice to see the usual crowd again, couple of new faces, nice to meet Big Gaz & his lady all the way up from the Watford area, i might add not just for the meet but nice to meet you both anyway & also a new member ( Peacock ) couple of piccies shows 5 cars but actually there were 7 in total

Julian.

Hi everyone, sorry I wasn’t at the meet on sunday: Embarrasingly it was a combination of staying out saturday night and drinking too much, oversleeping, being a bit confused when I woke up and forgetting to set a reminder on my phone (which I could have sworn I did) and only realising when it was too late. :oops:

I suggest everyone rings me an hour before then next one to make sure I don’t make a ■■■■ of myself again! :smiley:

Dan.

Nice to see your still alive Richard even if your not answering your phone