Nürburgring trip probably next year

@gavin_naish is this event still viable for this year? :smiley:

In case you are still planning on this event and for if/when you plan future trips, and for anyone planning on going there, you should be aware of the following costs of having a crash. It is not, as I thought when I went there, including in the price you pay. They should really do some kind of insurance like pay an extra fiver and not have to worry.

These include Armco repairs, safety car attendance, vehicle recovery, track closure, hospital stays and helicopter fees. I recommend avoiding these. If you can’t, then the following price-list may help:
Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150
Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each
Replacing armco post: €39 each
Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour
Recovery truck: €250 (inc VAT)
Hospital stay & air ambulance: Let’s just say, do NOT go there without travel insurance! (Though a European Health Card - which replaced the E111 - may cover the hospital bit.)

Everything except the recovery truck is then subject to 19% VAT.

The record armco bill I’m aware of is €15,000. That was a car that managed to flatten a very impressive length of armco between the Quiddlebacher Hohe bridge and the crest on the approach to Flugplatz. But even a minor bump can turn into a surprisingly expensive day out.

In other words take it easy when driving around the ring! haha

You can get track day cover for the ring, but it’s not cheap. Seeing this makes you realise why it is seemingly expensive.

1 Like

I have seen quotes in the thousands of pounds for 3 day Nurburgring cover. And I doubt those policies cover track damage to be honest.

These guys cover up to 2k for Armeco and option to go to 4k. http://www.insuremytrackday.com/

1 Like

Be one of those trips where I would like a play but wouldn’t want to go balls out knowing that it’s a hard track with some complete nutters out there too, other thing is I wouldn’t want to trash a GT/GTO out there, seen too many trashed on track days drag strips etc

Craig :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for the valuable info guys, Likely I’ll revisit this idea when I have more time available.

Seeing this makes me somewhat, moist. Its been my dream to own this specific gto i have many years, even more, to take a lap round the ring! 1 day… Il get my 2nd dream come true, so, who wants to buy my wife to fund the trip?? :joy::+1:

2 Likes

Pics please :joy: :joy: :joy:

:grin: alls i got on my ipad, sold my phone to buy gto parts haha

Lol you really should put her up on the classified sales pages on he forums your sidetracking the thread :wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

:grin: sorry boss haha

1 Like