Nürburgring trip probably next year

Just gauging interest, would anyone be up for a trip from the uk to the ring next year.

I had a trip all paid for a few years back but never made it, I’d paid circa £600 for ferries, accommodation and some laps but have no idea about cost now.

If you’re interested then stick your name down and we can take it from there. If I’m stepping on anyone’s toes who organise their own trip there then just send us a pm.

Gavin

ok not holding people to this just registering interest at this stage.

1. Gavin
  2. Steven
  3. Beanus
  4. Dave
  5. Neil
  6. Marty
  7. Stuart
  8. Can’t find the genepool

[quote]. If I’m stepping on anyone’s toes who organise their own trip there then just send us a pm.

Gavin[/quote]

As agreed at the AGM you and Dave T are now the go to guys for meets , so feel free to lay down your plans ,

Craig :slight_smile:

Im going in July with a mate, we calculated that it would cost around £350 but we will be camping. DFDS ferries would cost about £25 each way.
not sure how much it costs to go round the track though.
ill be well up for this with more GTO’S

[quote]Just gauging interest, would anyone be up for a trip from the uk to the ring next year.

I had a trip all paid for a few years back but never made it, I’d paid circa £600 for ferries, accommodation and some laps but have no idea about cost now.

If you’re interested then stick your name down and we can take it from there. If I’m stepping on anyone’s toes who organise their own trip there then just send us a pm.

Gavin[/quote]

Great minds think alike Gavin, I was thinking about trying to orgnise a trip to the GTO European meet at Cote De Adge which is right down the South of France or if no one is wanting to go that far due to costs etc then a shorter trip to the Ring would be the best option.

[quote]

[quote]Just gauging interest, would anyone be up for a trip from the uk to the ring next year.

Gavin[/quote]

Great minds think alike Gavin, I was thinking about trying to orgnise a trip to the GTO European meet at Cote De Adge which is right down the South of France or if no one is wanting to go that far due to costs etc then a shorter trip to the Ring would be the best option.[/quote]

Surely, the South of France is closer than Germany?

I’d be interested depending on cost.

Depends where your going, it can take an extra 4 hours to get to the south of France, the nurburgring is the closer side of Germany.

Neil.

[quote]

Great minds think alike Gavin, I was thinking about trying to orgnise a trip to the GTO European meet at Cote De Adge which is right down the South of France or if no one is wanting to go that far due to costs etc then a shorter trip to the Ring would be the best option.

I’d be interested depending on cost.[/quote]

With the ease of use of Google maps even a child can figure out how far away something is now.

Please steven, display some basic dog level of intelligence before making your posts. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought I was miles off then as I guessed the distances. :slight_smile:

I might be interested, depending on work etc.

Neil.

[quote]

I’d be interested depending on cost.

With the ease of use of Google maps even a child can figure out how far away something is now.

Please steven, display some basic dog level of intelligence before making your posts. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

From Calais to Cap de Agde is 650 miles and is approx a 10 hr drive.

Calais to the Nurburgring is 302 miles and is approx a 5 hr drive.

Found this could be of some use.

http://nurburgringdrivers.com/information/cost/

I’ll be camping so I wont need hotels.

Andy

Up for a trip to ‘the ring’
Marty

could be interesting and possible unless i kill it before then :lol:

Im up for this…any idea’s where you want to stay yet, Gav…or roughly when you’re thinking of going?

I’ve done this already
I’ll be glad to go back there with a few more GTO’s
Recon on roughly £600.00 for the trip all in now

Malc

put me down as maybe,all being well.simon :wink:

[quote]Im going in July with a mate, we calculated that it would cost around £350 but we will be camping. DFDS ferries would cost about £25 each way.
not sure how much it costs to go round the track though.
ill be well up for this with more GTO’S[/quote]

This will give you some idea.

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/prices.php

You can scrub a set of tyres no problem going mad as i did lol.

And remember to take out Recovery that will get the car home when abroad just in case your car doesn’t make it.

[quote]
And remember to take out Recovery that will get the car home when abroad just in case your car doesn’t make it.[/quote]

Just thinking that might be more than the entire trip for a 23 year old GTO :lol:
Anyway, put me down as seriously interested. Would love to go in a GTO convoy but probably prefer Aerotunnel rather than that sinking feeling…

Ok been a bit quiet on this for a while, lots going on.

Is there any favourable month may onwards that people can do, bearing in mind most of us like to make most of the shows so in between all that.

Don’t want to propose something only for half the people to say it,s my aunt Bertie’s birthday that month so I can’t do anything else.

Julys probably no god for me, too many birthdays and shows going on but Some nice gaps in May, June, August (holidays permitting)

I would go for June as it would be in between Japfest (May) and Japshow (July), but that is only my suggestion

I’d look into what are busy periods at the ring. Don’t wanna be there when it’s rammed and the track keeps getting closed due to off’s. Also check the race calender etc