Old member new name!

Hmm please see below, would his require a new engine or is it something that eurospec could fix?

Also I suppose it depends on how much it would cost to fix as the car looks pretty immaculate. Thoughts would be really appreciated
Thanks

imageimage

Lot of money for a car with a knackered engine mate , ideally you would want to be paying no more than 1500 quid for that

2 Likes

That’s my thoughts. Surely it’d be a goood 2-3k to get the engine right :exploding_head:

I looked at this a month or so ago but the guy wanted too much for it

Factor £4k+ for an engine rebuild, it cost me £3k and I did the rebuilding bit myself

I’ve got a Mk1 engine that turns over freely, the timing marks are all in the correct place, just don’t have time to check for non running, besides I have sold some stuff that was going on it.

Terry :sunglasses:

Please keep to 1 newbie thread thank you.

2 Likes

Sorry (ten characters)

:zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

So assuming there’s another section to discuss potential purchases? Would rather not buy a dead end!

Thanks

Hi Rob,

The idea of the newbie section is to allow non full members to introduce themselves. For yourself being a former member I guess there is a lot of catching up etc…
the best thing to do is sign up for full membership to allow access to the entire forum.
Regarding the cares you have put up - try gumtree there is a running twin turbo for £1500 just so you get an idea of prices etc…

Welcome back to the club :+1:

James

3 Likes

Good morning, the rules apply to both new and returning member’s (even more so returning) as the club can’t continue run without subscriptions to pay for hosting etc.
As @James3000GT says if you rejoin there are loads of catagories you can’t see or post in too use.

If you don’t wish to join up yet then I can combine this post with your original “old member new name” post

Thank you, Dave

Aaah @DavePerky no worries. Will sort out membership tonight, just need to make sure I dont end up with a banger, hah feel free to delete/merge. Thanks

3 Likes

Your are now full membership, welcome to all the stuff that’s rude :joy:

Post away and enjoy cruising the forum… great to have you back on the team :+1:

Dave

3 Likes

@DavePerky Cheers it was only a matter of time before the GTO bug came back! Just need to find a good one within budget. I would snap your hand off if yours was a TT! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lol they are all the same… what you talking about :joy:
You would have think I would learn my lesson on the 4th go :persevere:

I’m sure something will come up soon mate :+1:

Dave

Cheers, there’s plenty for sale,
However knowing how delicate these cars can be I need to take time in finding one! Struggling to get people selling to come back to me at the moment. You’d think they didn’t want to sell!

Swmbo doesn’t know im after another yet :exploding_head:

1 Like

Lol I got really arsey selling my tt… in the end I let it goooo :persevere:

If that black mk1 is solid underneath and you can pick up at a good price, 1500 at the most, could be a good project mk1 3000gt very rare car, especially in black.
ln top condition got to be looking for 7k plus for a valuation.

Cheers Jerry. I had a chat with Ben @ Eurospec to see how much it would be roughly for an engine swap out. Annoyingly I don’t really have the room at home to store half a car plus a replacement engine so it would have to be a job for a professional, in any case, the most I’ve done on a gto is a cam belt change and even then i was bricking it. May make him a silly offer, worst he can do is refuse me, nothing to loose.

1 Like

Hi Robbie

Long time no speak bud

DO NOT buy that black MK1 its got major problems and will take a more that just an engine to fix it

Give me a call if you want to know more

1 Like