Old member new name!

Yes it does , that is the current owner previous owner was on here , word of advice if you look , previous owner was a wannabe mechanic and was also after new floor pans for that

4 Likes

seller also sent me a dyno at 380bhp along with some info about a walbro fuel pump and boost controller guess the injectors have not been done and if the floorpans are not right id walk away, to far to go see as i live in Leeds!

1 Like

Search for username beanus , pretty sure thatā€™s his old car , uk spec green with black wheels and had a pioneer app stereo , that I remember as it was the same as in the wifeā€™s mito

4 Likes

PS, the other one ive seen in wales is a red 96 uk i think. not much info available about it though.

And going rusty all round and on sun roof

3 Likes

Hmm please see below, would his require a new engine or is it something that eurospec could fix?

Also I suppose it depends on how much it would cost to fix as the car looks pretty immaculate. Thoughts would be really appreciated
Thanks

imageimage

Lot of money for a car with a knackered engine mate , ideally you would want to be paying no more than 1500 quid for that

2 Likes

Thatā€™s my thoughts. Surely itā€™d be a goood 2-3k to get the engine right :exploding_head:

I looked at this a month or so ago but the guy wanted too much for it

Factor Ā£4k+ for an engine rebuild, it cost me Ā£3k and I did the rebuilding bit myself

Iā€™ve got a Mk1 engine that turns over freely, the timing marks are all in the correct place, just donā€™t have time to check for non running, besides I have sold some stuff that was going on it.

Terry :sunglasses:

Please keep to 1 newbie thread thank you.

2 Likes

Sorry (ten characters)

:zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

So assuming thereā€™s another section to discuss potential purchases? Would rather not buy a dead end!

Thanks

Hi Rob,

The idea of the newbie section is to allow non full members to introduce themselves. For yourself being a former member I guess there is a lot of catching up etcā€¦
the best thing to do is sign up for full membership to allow access to the entire forum.
Regarding the cares you have put up - try gumtree there is a running twin turbo for Ā£1500 just so you get an idea of prices etcā€¦

Welcome back to the club :+1:

James

3 Likes

Good morning, the rules apply to both new and returning memberā€™s (even more so returning) as the club canā€™t continue run without subscriptions to pay for hosting etc.
As @James3000GT says if you rejoin there are loads of catagories you canā€™t see or post in too use.

If you donā€™t wish to join up yet then I can combine this post with your original ā€œold member new nameā€ post

Thank you, Dave

Aaah @DavePerky no worries. Will sort out membership tonight, just need to make sure I dont end up with a banger, hah feel free to delete/merge. Thanks

3 Likes

Your are now full membership, welcome to all the stuff thatā€™s rude :joy:

Post away and enjoy cruising the forumā€¦ great to have you back on the team :+1:

Dave

3 Likes

@DavePerky Cheers it was only a matter of time before the GTO bug came back! Just need to find a good one within budget. I would snap your hand off if yours was a TT! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lol they are all the sameā€¦ what you talking about :joy:
You would have think I would learn my lesson on the 4th go :persevere:

Iā€™m sure something will come up soon mate :+1:

Dave

Cheers, thereā€™s plenty for sale,
However knowing how delicate these cars can be I need to take time in finding one! Struggling to get people selling to come back to me at the moment. Youā€™d think they didnā€™t want to sell!

Swmbo doesnā€™t know im after another yet :exploding_head:

1 Like