Old member trying to find another mk2

Hello back to the forum its been more than a while.
I used to own a brilliant mk2 gto tt in blue which i still look back with great fondness but i had to sell it to put a deposit down on my first house.
I am looking for another mk 2 tt preferably in blue or black
Would much prefer to buy off a member. I dont mind travelling my last one i flew up to newcastle (I live in cornwall) to get I used to take my car to sumiyaka (bad spelling i know) to mark and russ for any work. Now i know the shop has shut but kept bumping into them at JAE which I have been to since billing!
If anyone knows of a good example for sale I am currently looking at one on autotrader but the seller doesn’t seem to want to contact me back?
He says its an mr but it has the active aero spoiler which i thought was removed for weight saving along with the other bits? but 36k miles and looks super clean or can the members on here tell me something different about it?
Anyway cant wait to own one again and dust off my old gtouk shirt and come to a meet etc
Cheers in advance!

Hi,

Is that the one from London- Top Autos? It looks to have the MR throttle cable but looks to be a mix of car years eg. The MK3 bumper and rear active aero wing. Never spoken to them but they have mixed reviews. I did see a blue MK2 UK 3000GT for sale up on the Wirral for around 4K although not known to me personally.

Good luck in your search :+1:

James

It will be very clean because it will be a mix of cars /parts to tidy it up for sale if you do fancy it make sure the vin is stamped into the bulkhead

1 Like

do you have any info ie where it is advertised etc so i can look into it?
thanks

cdmh thats what i kinda thought which does worry me a bit he is asking alot for it and its a long way to go see it if it is a bodge up
also its been for sale for some time now which is also not the best indicator :frowning:

1 Like

Hi,

This is the link/ item number- as I said don’t know anything about the car but worth a look.

James

sent the guy a message but if im honest having it sat up for years and only doing a few miles inbetween mot’s worries me a bit if its been outside for that whole time but will see what he says thanks for the tip i had searched on ebay but not seen this one before

1 Like