Oldie Newbie getting Older

Hi guys!

My name is Andy and go by MadLuka pretty much everywhere online. I’ve owned a variety of 3000GTs or GTOs since my first UK Mk1 3000GT in 2003 and I was a GTOUK member back then but I let my membership slip the last decade or so when Facebook kinda took over everyone’s lives!

I usually do all the work on my cars myself, but before I owned a 3000GT I’d never changed a wheel or a brake pad on any car and didn’t own a socket set - 20yr later and I have 2 engines and 3 gearboxes in my garage for rebuild. I think that’s the pattern of how a lot of GTO ownership goes!

I have the occasional visits with a couple of the local GTO’ers, lending a hand with all manner of GTO jobs when I can (and if it’s warm!)

Right now I’ve got my own red MK2 UK 3000GT on the drive I need to do the big cambelt and waterpump service on (got a rattle that side) and it’s probably long overdue, so in for a penny eh!

I’ve also got a 1990 GTO Mk1 TT I rescued which was an aborted Sumiyaka project from about 15yr ago. I am on with building it back as a decent fairly original standard car. She’s about number 1600 off the production line.

My main project though is my 1995 GTO MR shell in my garage at home (the parts emporium) which WILL be the last GTO I’ll ever own. It’s going to be the recipient of all the interior and electrical donor parts from a MK2 3000GT I just finally got rid of the Swiss cheese remains of a shell. I’ll post up a build thread at some point - but basically a UK 3000GT in a GTO MR Z15A shell.

I’ve got a group buy going ahead on Facebook/Messenger for new door glass manufacture, so I’ll post something about that in one of the other categories. If you’ve got scratched glass then you just might be interested!

I look forward to contributing on here and helping out where I can. Time permitting (and a functional car) I’ll try to get to some meets this year!

Andy

11 Likes

Welcome back buddy,

Steve

Hi Andy,

Welcome back :+1:

James

Hi Andy :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

Old GTOUK members never die…they just keep coming back. Welcome back sir…great project on the go. Well done, though you make me feel totally useless, hehe!

Mike

2 Likes

Heya… :joy: