Poly-carbonate cam covers and lower timing cover

2 Likes

Love it

That looks and is fantastic, beautiful engine build.
Very well done.
What level of cost for a set of the covers? (All three)

:clap::clap::clap:

Would look good with this !!

1 Like

Definitely!!!

Hi Jerry, your wonderful comments are so much appreciated and your engine is fit for a show room, looks amazing and ready for some serious power, mine is only a stock setup. and I wish everyone would go above and beyond to make these cars stand out again and I mean not just in the cosmetics department but the actual heart of the car. For the cost for the complete set? I have not yet set a price, but I am in the process to send out the word via all the forums to ask members what I should charge, taking into many considerations, such as design complexity, size, availability, and lastly quality. And most importantly my engine is the MK1 or first gen as we call it here in the US, so the covers that you see are for first gen design, and done for my build exclusively, however there are plans on getting them for the later years but not anytime soon I should say.

ThankYou!!!

I would be interested if you make some to sell for members mine is a first gen mk1
Jerry

What would be nice is to have a representative in the UK to market it to all the local community members, if you are willing, we can exchange contact info.
SAM

1 Like

Hi thanks for the offer but not for me i dont have the time to market it etc plus we would need to have them to fit in all models as not many mk1 it will be a very small market.
Maybe a group buy?
I’d be interested if other members are in
But many thanks for the offer
Jerry

Sure that was just an idea, but this shall be sold to each member as an individual transaction and not a group buy so if you want a set for yourself it let me know.

What I meant was you being my UK rep, I would sell a set to you in a personal transaction and not a group buy or anything else since you have a first gen, you put it on and display it since it will attract other owners of the same model year which is way better then just watching you tube videos, that is what I meant just for clarification of the previous message but thanks for your interest

Furthermore as you have mentioned a Group Buy I do believe and to my understanding that the meaning of a group buy is generally when forum members get together and decide to invest in some money to get a particular part made for that specific vehicle their club or forum is established on, a part that perhaps is made for other vehicles and not theirs or something that someone has designed for example the FLUI damper that was made for other vehicles and not the Mitsubishi GTO and then there was a group buy and everyone had to place their respect order. In this case the part has already been made so no question or a group buy, just wante to clarify that.

@BLUETAHOEVR4

It is nice to see your clear cam covers and it is certainly an interesting concept that others in the club may be interested in.

You may or may not know that the GTOUK is a subscription club with membership costing £20 p/a (I see you’re over the pond and we have a reduced rate for this type of membership). I have to point out that according to club rules non members cannot offer products or services through the forum. Therefore if you would like to proceed please do sign up for the overseas membership. If you have any questions please do get in touch directly with me.

As per club rules I am required to lock down this topic.

Many Thanks,

James