Potentially a new 3000GT owner!

Hi peeps

My name is Shiplu aka Shipz, am looking at purchasing a 3000GT I have found, details of car :

1999 V Reg
6 speed manual
104K miles
3.0 tt
FSH
All in good working order, owned by a 60+ year old
Only issues are aerial and front spoiler not working properly
No record of cambelt so may need to be done
Fairly good price offered (under 3K)

Thoughts people??

My driving history (current to old) - Lexus IS220d, BMW 320d, Nissan Skyline R33 GTST, VW Bora

Thanks!!

Hi Bud

Welcome to the cclub

Is this car Green by chance ??

As this car will be one of the very last ones sold in the UK

Cheers Rob

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Check for rust though as my 1996 UK car is rotten!! Definitely get the cam belt done though. The aerial and front aero are pretty common faults and easily remedied (usually).

Staff

Saw this advertised somewhere, you got a link to it? There was something screaming out to me but can’t remember till I see it.

Yes it’s green. Haven’t got the link anymore, how do you know it’s green? Lol

Any further info or advice appreciated!

Hello and welcome :slight_smile: like the guys have already said, pretty common faults but easily fixed.
Make sure you read the buyers guide on here it is worth it’s weight in gold!

I’ll have a read now! Thanks guys :slight_smile: already liking the forum!

Hi Shipz welcome to GTOUK 8)

When you said it was owned by a 60 year old I thought Rob (GSXR KID ) was selling his :lol: :lol:

Price is good as is mileage , just have a good look underneath of the car , some don’t rust too bad others do

Craig :slight_smile:

Will do, was told it had some welding on the sill on drivers side, needed for mot, but that was only advisory but he got it sorted and sailed through mot.

[quote]Price is good as is mileage , just have a good look underneath of the car , some don’t rust too bad others do

Craig :)[/quote]

Yes, this is true. Don’t be put off by mine, it was seriously mistreated in a previous life. But definitely check it out as they are more prone to rust than a GTO of similar age in my experience.

Staff

In all honesty, what is fuel economy like on these? It won’t be molested as I like to take care of my cars too, with the odd run out :slight_smile:

Does it require v power to run well?

[quote]In all honesty, what is fuel economy like on these? It won’t be molested as I like to take care of my cars too, with the odd run out :slight_smile:

Does it require v power to run well?[/quote]

If you have to ask then you probably can’t afford it :lol:

Mine runs better on V-power, 1 tank = £95ish from empty and on average round town driving thats about 280 miles worth I can get 420miles if its mostly motorway though.

Thanks for the info, I’m only asking as want a comparison to the skyline I had, those figures aren’t too bad. :slight_smile:

[quote]Yes it’s green. Haven’t got the link anymore, how do you know it’s green? Lol

Any further info or advice appreciated![/quote]

Robs a bit like yoda… only smaller… and rounder… and not as clever… and no real Jedi powers… and yoda has larger ■■■■■■■■… the list goes on. But as for magic i did see rob once power nap his way through a whole event. Hopefully this should trigger him to respond. :lol: :lol:

For a cambelt change, what will i be looking at roughly? i guess with the waterpump etc. ?

[quote]In all honesty, what is fuel economy like on these? It won’t be molested as I like to take care of my cars too, with the odd run out :slight_smile:

Does it require v power to run well?[/quote]

UK cars are apparently mapped to run on 95RON fuel where as GTO’s are mapped for 99RON. I didn’t really notice any difference between Tesco 95 and V-power on mine, but mine is standard other than breathing mods. I did get about 400 miles to a tank on a trip to the south of France with a full load, but I also emptied a tank of V-power in 120 miles when I first got it!! :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a popular chioce from Mr evil

http://evilempireperformance.co.uk/gto-3000gt-shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=90&products_id=387