Read if You Went to the Birthday Bash

Brilliant weekend, fantastic weather, amazing Company.

That’s my Review. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

As we strive to always do things better, if we can, asking what you guys think could be better or different, more/less activity, I personally was ready for a chill but that’s my lifestyle, but accept others may prefer the hands on triathlete day, fun and games etc.

If I had one thing which I think would have been better, would be more of a group eating evening like JAE, so I think we need to look at one provision/BBQ for cooking with whoever can bring that and all chip in with food, instead of various people cooking/bringing, or eating elsewhere.

Thoughts anyone

Tracie :bee:

4 Likes

I can bring a huge gas barby over but understand ppl like the real fire thing

4 Likes

I always like how laid back the meet is , so for me it was perfect in that respect

Food is a good call , must admit I had no idea what to expect going into this one as cooking was sorted before in previous years , in that respect I was lazy and should have sorted something but got through it.

Apart from that it was a great weekend , location is good for me possibly not for others so do we move it ? Good thing about billing is the space we can utilise

3 Likes

The group BBQ was something I had been thinking about. Certainly possible and I’m more than happy to cook it. @ScottMR gas barbecues are just cooking outside :joy:

James

5 Likes

Yup agreed but it can cook 20 burger and 20 sausages at the same time

5 Likes

Only spent a little time there with you guys. But enjoyed the atmosphere. I think if everyone is in an area like it was the first evening, having a big bbq would be a great idea.

4 Likes

Ive also got a meter across firepit on legs that would sit a treat in the middle of the circle of peeps

1 Like

That would be good Scot if we got too hungry a small child would BBQ nicely on that :joy:

3 Likes

great weekend
nice to see scottMR getting stuck into the buckfast
how many jig saws did you do when you got home?

4 Likes

Mate took me 3 days to get any kip

1 Like

Just thinking cooking on mass,i live walking distance from billing and have an estate car so i can pretty much bring whatever,i thought the bigger the better if were planning on mealtimes for everyone?

3 Likes

Are we talking children or BBQS? :joy:
Seriously though it would come down to how many people attended. A standard garden BBQ could easily cater for 10 to 15 people. I think we should definitely look into this for next year.

James

2 Likes

i had a great time this year at the birthday bash chilling out with everyone, weather was great too it’s a nice relaxing weekend where you can sit back enjoy great company couple of drinks or a skinful aye @ScottMR @lukas :joy:

yep a group bbq sounds great i’d happily bring along some steaks and ribs for the barby :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You wanna see me when im proper drunk,hilarious

2 Likes

JAE is coming mate :wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

not for me mate :sob:

Great feedback everyone, thanks.

Seems everyone had a good time and we can re-visit these comments next year and organise BBQ’s food/cooking etc.

We try not to make things too regimented at the Birthday Bash as it takes away the relaxing chilling ‘do as you please’ weekend element, so no need for agendas as such just get our heads together the week before regarding who is bringing what to eat and cook on

Roll on JAE.

Tracie :bee:

3 Likes

I didn’t bring anything so went with @CDMH and @Colin_GTO to Tesco’s to get some grub. Should have used a bit of thought really but too exited to get away from the missus and party (chill).

Making a better list of things required but a barby for everyone sounds great.

Terry :sunglasses:

5 Likes

My Personal view is I am not sure I want to live off BBQ food for the whole weekend, which is why I am always unsociable on the Friday and pop across to the pub, its cheap, and I have something different

But I think the sat would be a great thing to do something a bit more format and get some club food in.

Breakfast is the same, I have the stuff and cooking bits with me , but still ended up across the pool, it just easy and cheaper, and the bogs are better :blush:

I think it when well this year, just a little too hot and loved the electric

Simon

4 Likes

Alot of ppl brought a tent, thats all…who gives a ■■■■…each to there own…I had a banging time… banging banging banging ffs

1 Like