Read this quote! - totally confused

Rang Aleen & Alen last week re quote for son on GTO (read previous post re insurance for 19 yr old son) basically they quoted me £3995 TPFT

Just rang this morning to confirm info and another guy said I’ll just pull up details

Yes £3995 for 92 GTO “Turbo” - I said no Twin Turbo they dont do single - he said yes they do, if it is a twin turbo then we have to re classify the quote as it is more powerful he said they make a

GTO “tiptronic” 3.0 and 3.0 turbo
GTO manual 3.0 turbo
and a 3.0 GTO TT

I’m waiting on a phone call later today to confirm

??? come on guys help me out here I know I only joined you in Dec and am new to GTO’s but is there such a beast as a 3.0 turbo!!

If yes then I am a wally - if no then if you have a TT check your policies to make sure it says TT and not T

I would not insure my car with someone who can not even get the spec right, why would a twin turbo be more powerfull, just means it has one on each bank of the engine!

Simon

for some reason, when i was doing quotes online with various companies, they had the option of GTO TwinTurbo or GTO Turbo, not the N/A.

i also, would not insure my car with someone who doesnt have a clue! imagine the fun if you had to make a claim!

That is how mine was insured. as a GTO Turbo.

I made the point that it is a twin turbo and not a single turbo, as they never made a single turbo.

Was not happy leaving it like that so they made a comment on the policy stating that the car is in fact a twin turbo.

Still not convinced i showed it to a freind of mine who is a solicitor and he says it is all above board as it is stated on your policy.

Got my renewal through the door last week and it is now listed as a twin turbo but £200 more than last year so phoned them up.

They explained to me there was an error on there car listings and the GTO Turbo they quoted last year was in fact meant to be GTO non turbo. Someone forgot to put the non bit in.

Anyway what it meant was my policy last year was based on a non turbo hence the reason why it was cheaper.

Be very careful about classing it as a turbo, make sure like me you get them to put it on the poilcy that it is in fact a TWIN

cheers Neil

[quote]for some reason, when i was doing quotes online with various companies, they had the option of GTO TwinTurbo or GTO Turbo, not the N/A.

[/quote]

Just read this. seems like this is the same thing as to what happened to me (see above post) and explains why there is no N/A listed

I’d still like tiptronic!

They have come back to me and said

oops sorry our mistake the turbo and twin turbo is the same car we have just not put the “twin” in front of the turbo

I have asked thenm to state it on the policy so I am sure!

Cheers for the comments guys