Reconditioned 6 speed gearbox

I have for Sale a reconditioned 6 speed gearbox, this gearbox has just been fitted with new FAG & SKF bearings throughout with the exception of end case input shaft bearing. The gearbox casing has been hot tank cleaned and can be painted black for an additional cost. Collection only from Newcastle Under Lyme. Or i can take to AGM for colelction.

Bare £700 ono

Painted Black £750 ono

Paul

Hi PaulW,

Hope all is well.

I was wondering if your 6 spd gearbox is still available for sale. I own a 1994 TT GTO 6Spd manual and was hoping this would be a suitable replacement instead of reconditioning my current gearbox.

I would be grateful for your reply.

Kind regards

Saf Ali
[email protected]

[quote]Hi PaulW,

Hope all is well.

I was wondering if your 6 spd gearbox is still available for sale. I own a 1994 TT GTO 6Spd manual and was hoping this would be a suitable replacement instead of reconditioning my current gearbox.

I would be grateful for your reply.

Kind regards

Saf Ali
[email protected][/quote]

Hi Saf, sorry it has been sold.

Paul

Thank you Paul for your prompt reply.

Any advice on where i can source one (seem to be rare as hens teeth!) or get my current box rebuilt. Problem: The reverse gear does not select at all. All other gears work (i.e. no crunching). I am based in the east midlands.

Kind regards

Saf

Hi Bud

It may just be a Reverse gear synchro which is £80 ish and the cost of having the box removed and the Synchro replaced.

If the clutch is worn it would also be a good time to replace that and make the job a lot more worth while and cheaper as the cost is spread over two operations.

I carry all the gearbox bits in stock if you need them

And also do a standard Clutch with[size=18] 2 YEAR [/size]warranty for £199.95

Cheers Rob