Rough idle and stalls when warm

Hi guys wondered if anyone can help me?

Had the gto twin turbo for 17 years now. Long story but went for mot a few days ago.
When I picked it up the guy said it had developed a misfire.

Tried to drive it home and every time I revved the car it just felt like it was flooding and bogging down every time I revved it.

I left it in a car park to cool down. When it was cool it drove home and then when it started to warm up started spluttering again.

I’ve scoured the internet and since changed the Idle control valve (IAC) because the symptoms all pointed towards that. When it’s started from cold and it’s idling high it’s smooth and will rev fine. Once it gets Upto temp it yet again rough idles and then will splitter and cut out when it’s revved.

Any ideas before I burn the thing?? :man_facepalming:t3:

Hi @leon1 it looks like either your membership has expired or you have not signed up as a full member.

The newbie section is for introducing yourself and your car and should not be used for technical questions or discussions. Therefore I am required to close this thread.

If you’re struggling with membership or think you did pay the 2022 membership then please PM me and we will look into it.

Many thanks,

James

1 Like