Rough idle/cutting out when up to temperature issue

Hi, sort of new here but technically not really, i had a gto a few years back but recently returned. Im not sure where to post this, so if it isnt aloud please let me know and i’ll delete/move it. Anyway, i have a 1999 3000gt. I am having an issue where once the car heats up it the idle speed drops quite low, when I pull up to a junction, put the clutch down the revs drops very low sometimes the car even cuts out. Always starts again first time. If I’m driving for a while this seems to sort its self out but as soon as I tur the car off and start it again the same thing happens. I’ve been told/read that it’s possible a boost/vacuum leak or idle air control valve and Rob from Evil Empire said that its possibly a vacuum leak from the clutch booster. I’ve had a look around the vacuum line area in the engine there are a few untidy bits I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they are? These were just sort of wedge in down the back of the engine with black tape on the plug. Not sure if they are even factory or not? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Craig.

Hi @craigd1905

Welcome to/ back to GTOUK :+1:

Congratulations on your recent purchase.

Regarding your post - this is in breach of club rules regarding newbie section posts. Newbie posts are for introductions only. Technical questions such as this can be placed in the relevant sections- available to full members only. Of course you are more than welcome to join the club as a full member for £20 p/a

Many thanks,

James

2 Likes