Sky Insurance can be beaten

My GTO was insured with Direct line when I first bought it, five years ago. Then I changed to Sky.

Now Sue’s car, our house insurance and breakdown cover are all with Direct Line so I thought I’d do an online quote.

Fully comp. for the pair of us, £350 vol. excess on top of the £600 compulsory excess, 5,000 miles p.a., tracker.
No alarm asked for.
No modifications list asked for - but the engine is bog standard.

Ready?

Weep, all you young drivers.

£228.38

Not bad, but then again £ 950, is a rather large excess

Correction.

They’ve just sent me a confirmation email in which the premium is now quoted as £211.05

I’m paying £550 fully comp With 6 points and NOT a UK citizen with ALL mods declared with like for like replacement, and only £250 excess. Im 32 years old and that includes Emma who had 3 points at the time also.

My renewal came back from A-Plan at £410 per year and I tried Sky and they couldnt get near it… almost a hundred quid more! :shock:

YES car Insurance get my money.
They have a great website as you can click on modifications and watch the price go up.

Mark

[quote]YES car Insurance get my money.
They have a great website as you can click on modifications and watch the price go up.

Mark[/quote]

Just thought i would give that a try as i need to start thinking about insurance … get all the mods in, all details - click next :

“Application is unavailable at the moment. Please try your original link again. Thank you.”

Grrrr!

Insurance renewal with SKY
GTO TT MK1
No mods
Alar/immob/tracker
Street parking
SP50 3 points
9+ NCB protection
Courtesy car
Windscreen cover
£ 250 Ecxess
Age 47
Glasgow G41
Paid £ 380 (Installments)

Just read the above posts as I am with SKY at the mo & due for renewal.

Thought I,d take a look at YES insurance, after reading this though:

Dont think I,ll bother!, looks well dodgy!.

Some people may disagree or have had better service but just a word to the wise. Look before you leap, and always check the small print.

:?

After 4 long days of searching and most insurance companies quoting, me around 3grand (sky quoted 3,500!) with my tt99 conviction for totting up with a 6 month ban. Finally found someone who convinced Norwich Union down to 1800 including RAC cover! Still extremely expensive but its half what everyone else quoted! So surprise ill be paying this one in installments!!

Saj

Direct line for me just asked for an alarm (no tracker), and came out at £950.

Not bad for a 25 year old with 2 years NCB (0 points though). So I guess the question for all of you with cheap quotes, is how old are you? If you don’t mind me asking :slight_smile:

Sky lost out to Adrian Flux this year for my business.

1990 TT, modifications declared, 7 years NCB, car kept in locked garage with Cat.1 alarm, 25 years old at time of quote.

£480 FC :slight_smile:

Thats very interesting what you said above BOYBAND6666.

I tried direct line today and got exactly the same quote as you!, except I am 39 years old with 10 years NCB. So it looks like Direct line just quote on the car alone.

Last year A-Plan quoted me £650, so I went with SKY for £410

Oddly things have now reversed - this year SKY have quoted £565 so I am going back to A-Plan for £490.

Not sure how they work it out, possibly rely on your laziness not to bother changing insurers. Or possibly all insurance companies are run by women & they just keep changing their minds?!?!?. Who knows.

:smiley: :smiley:

Dont see to many people trying Footman James (AON)
http://www.gtouk.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=46904
Theses guy’s have always done it for me
Malc

Update:

Went back to Sky and told them about A-Plans quote so they have matched it and discounted a bit further to keep the business, so it’s now

£480 Fully comp
£400 excess
£80 windscreen cover excess
Free legal assist.

Definitely pays to shop around and haggle them down.

:smiley:

[quote]Sky lost out to Adrian Flux this year for my business.

1990 TT, modifications declared, 7 years NCB, car kept in locked garage with Cat.1 alarm, 25 years old at time of quote.

£480 FC :)[/quote]

My situation’s almost identical to yours, I’ll give them a bash. Mine’s up for renewal in a couple of weeks.

you guy’s in this thread are your cars your daily drive or just weekend use

Malc

Daily drive for myself