Speedo sensor

Good morning
Just wondering what are the chances you have a speedo sensor for a 91 tt import please see image as reference downloadfile

You could put it up in the wanted section, I purchased a second hand one and hoping that it works as my last one was crazy ! Won’t know for a while as the engine isn’t in at the moment
:joy:

Hi ReeseThanks for your reply, I have managed to find one from someone in China with same part number so hopefully it’s a good one and works.3 weeks wait and countingCheers again Dave

If this fall through I have one spare,

Is it deffo at fault as I got another and it was the speed converter at fault.

Steve

2 Likes

Cheers stevie
Will be in touch if no show of part
Have had check at the garage and they said so.
Dave.

2 Likes

@davesoper64 I hope You wouldn’t mine me borrowing Your post Dave but I’ve noticed today my speed needle doing the Greek Dancing , is moving as it should when the car starts moving at about 10 - 20 miles and it shoots up to over 100 miles when accelerating and then drops down again when decelerate. I assume the sensor got faulty or it got disturbed when my clutch was replaced a month ago. Any ideas Guys ? If the problem is the sensor I will be needing one. Cheers

No worries mate but I have to hold my hand up and say @stevie was right in a reply to my original post it wasn’t the speed sensor but the little speed converter that sits at the back of the clock cluster (kph to mph)
Hope this helps in anyway😊

3 Likes

Sounds like the chip to me too, mine did this @spiros :+1:

1 Like

I thought was more likely to be the sensor because of the work on the transmission ! Do I need another chip then , need to take the instrument panel out and have a look !

I would say yes with what you have said is happening
Speedo speedometer converter chip E-SVA IVA KMH to MPH CARTEK CK-UN-09
This is what I got on ebay .

I need to see what I’ve got now, is this a decent one Dave ? It says “for any vehicle with automatic transmission” ?

1 Like

Yep this is fine it’s the same one that I had to replace
All you you have to do is tell what type of car it’s for when you buy and they send you the correct one with good fitting instructions 🖒

1 Like

Speedo is working fine again…no wasn’t my imagination :dizzy_face::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Must have been your heavy right foot :wink::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

It’s the sun shine everyone happy​:smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

You may be right Guys I had my wellies on :thinking::grin:

2 Likes

Back to my problem , the car was locked up for few weeks and didn’t have the chance to look in to the ( suspected speed converter ) problem .
Today took her out for a run and noticed that the needle nor the counter wasn’t working , continued driving and both needle and odometer started working again .
The needle looked that it was working as normal till I hit about 80 miles and then it was going mental to the end of the clock , also when accelerating fast from slow speed it doesn’t like it and jumps up to 100 + .
The odd think though is that the miles to my destination and back is 52 miles but the odometer has clocked 147 miles :frowning_face: Do You Guys still think is the speed converter and not the sensor ??? Cheers

I have my old sensor which I don’t think was the issue if you wanted to test that to see if it’s any different?

Thanks for the offer Reece, I’ll let You know !

1 Like