Spigot Rings

Wherefore art thou spigot rings? :lol:

The wheels are going on regardless, in the hope the correct tightening of the tapered nuts will centre the wheel properly. We’ll see.

Did you also ring you know who about my you know whats?

Andy

Changed my mind, after reading a few horror stories about wheels falling off due to the wheel nuts taking the weight of the car rather than the hub - so I definately need those rings as soon as is humanly possible dude.

Good plan - after mine were re-ferbed I had no rings in there - nice wheel wobble around 70mph!

Fitting the rings = no wobble :slight_smile:

Paul

If you allow the wheel to centre by doing up the nuts with the wheel off the ground all should be good. I have done this with no ill effects on another car. Wasn’t aware wheels could come off though :shock:

James

[quote]If you allow the wheel to centre by doing up the nuts with the wheel off the ground all should be good. I have done this with no ill effects on another car. Wasn’t aware wheels could come off though :shock:

James[/quote]

The problem is that studs are not meant to take the weight of the car, particularly not on their own - that’s the job of that little bit sticking out of the hub which is why spigot rings are still needed even with tapered nuts doing the job of centering.

Andy

I would have thought it was the clamping load of wheel on hub generated by the correct torque of the nuts that holds it all together.

Most spigot rings I have seen are plastic or soft ali so I can’t see that being ideal for a load bearing material.

Interesting though.

James

Loads of these are available on e-bay.
I just ordered 73.1mm for My Lenso Muse.
Jeff 8)