Still looking!

Its because a lot of people would assume it is hiding something bad which it could be,but if it has been done for the right reason than there is nothing wrong with it.
I just done all of mine during the lockdown but I’ve stripped it ti bare metal and treated it properly with rust treatment where there was,zinc primer than stone chip than under seal.
I understand It doesn’t look nice compared to all these modern paints but if the underseal is done the correct way is as good if not better than anything else out there.
The question is are they hiding or protecting?
That is the question???
I know its an mr but there is nothing unique about mr nor special its just a stripped out version of the normal one.

Hope this helps
Ps I don’t think is worth that much though if its not hiding any bad rust 8 to 12/14k it would be a right price at the moment.

Thank you for the replies. I might give the white one a miss. To be honest I was a bit unsure about it when they said there was no MOT or service history. As it was part of a private collection I was very surprised when they told me the owner apparently kept no documentation of any kind.:thinking:

I am looking for an MR model ideally so hopefully that one might be the one for me!

1 Like

Actually it looks like I am back to searching again, the black MR is now £26,995, I am certain it was £24,995 a couple of days ago. Considering I was already £5000 over budget I can’t stretch that far now.

That might be a blessing Alex. From my perspective - despite unusually low mileage on that particular vehicle- circa £24k- £26k is cloud cuckoo land for it, especially as there appears to be no documentation either. There have been some truly outstanding GTOs on here for sale for around £11k.
Keep looking fella, it’ll come up soon enough for you.

Mike

3 Likes

Have to agree, it’s probably where a good example of these cars should be but not quite there yet. I think a nice well looked after car could be picked up for 8-10k. Good luck with the search.

2 Likes

I might be going to look at the black MR at the weekend, does anyone have any tips on what to look for or what kind of price people think it’s worth? Taking into account year mileage, spec etc?

Thanks!

Hi all, selling my gto twin turbo, looking for about £8000 if anyone is interested please let me know, and any thoughts,
Many thanks Paul
Uploading: IMG_20220409_152333.jpg…
Uploading: IMG_20220409_144813.jpg…
Uploading: IMG_20220409_144809.jpg…
Uploading: IMG_20220409_144751.jpg…
Uploading: IMG_20220409_143930.jpg…
Uploading: IMG_20220409_143918.jpg…
Uploading: IMG_20220409_143847.jpg…
Uploading: IMG_20220409_143819.jpg…
Uploading: IMG_20220409_143811.jpg…

Hi all, I have my gto twin turbo for sale, looking for about £8,000, lots of work carried out about 5yrs ago and not used since, kept in garage runs really nice, and in good nick, anyone interested or have any questions please feel free to ask.
Many thanks Paul

To update this, I have had to give up on the search completely unfortunately. Thought I would mention it as not to waste anyones time posting in this thread if they have one for sale.

That’s a shame!

I’m still looking for a nice mk3 gto… if anyone knows of one …

Might consider a mk2 if very clean.