Super Quality Short Shifters

We have today finally today received our newly designed Evil Empire Short Shifters.

These are like NONE of the other Short Shifters you have been able to buy as they have been manufactured by people who know what they are doing.
These Shifters have not been made from old bolts welded by 2 year olds using parts from the dustbin, then painted with rust.

These have been mandrel bent and welded by professionals, then lovingly Powder coated to keep them in perfect condition. The joints are machine fit items, not pieces of spilt gas pipe, masquerading as bearings.

You will find a white Plastic locator on the end of your standard Shifter, Our high quality Shifter allows you to use this part and it fits perfectly, allowing the mechanism to work as it should do…Perfectly, with no slop and missed gears like other shifters do.

These Short shifters have been built to fit the right hand drive GTO and 3000GT.

I have linked the pictures from our website in their original size so you can download them, look at them and inspect the welding and finish of them.

http://www.the-evilempire.co.uk/images/April%20Goodies%201%20036.jpg

http://www.the-evilempire.co.uk/images/April%20Goodies%201%20037.jpg

http://www.the-evilempire.co.uk/images/April%20Goodies%201%20038.jpg

We believe you will be impressed with them, we certainly are and every one who has seen them today as ordered one from us.

The price is going to be around £65 and delivery is going to be around 3-4 weeks time.

I will fitting mine over the weekend to check it clears the shifter rings that some of you have bought, but we have allowed for this already in the design and its just to check to make sure and as I know some of you will ask this question.
I will post as soon as I have confirmed its ok.

Orders are being taken now. Post below if you wish to purchase one.

Cheers Rob

2 Likes

I’ll have one mate, but only if you give me good discount for constantly taking the pi55 out of you for being old and grey and driving an old and grey motor. :slight_smile: Well, you used to drive one. You know what i mean, that ornament of yours ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, yeah ,yeah, i know i have an ornament too but i do actually have a GTO on the road now :lol: :lol: :lol: !

Mark. :slight_smile:

I’ll have one as well Rob
Kev

[quote]rob
you may also want to try it on a mk2 six speed with shifter ring aswell :wink: :lol:
regards
tony[/quote]

So when are you going to pop over then in your GTO…lol

Chers Rob

Should I get one for my NA :wink:
Shame, they look better than the rubber phalus that juts out of my center console. :oops:

I’ll take one thanks m8

Saul

Eh Rob…

Can you add one for me please! :oops: :lol:

I love you guys at the evil empire, you know that dont you! lol! :lol: :oops:
I will be down with your money soon too, when im aloud the girlfriends car again!

Cheers mate!
Pete

It looks very nicely made Rob but there aren’t any stops on it?
Do you not think this is going to be a problem in time, as it will obviously stretch the linkage cables?

Mark

Point taken Mark,

The picture is of the prototype i have here in the UK

Will Look into having this done on the Production versions…

Cheers Rob

I’ll take one for sure.

Cheers

Spence

Rob, whats the latest on these.
Cheers
Kev

They are ordered and will be shipping soon with the adition of stops to stop cable stretching

Cheers Rob… as soon as they ship i will post so you can pre order them before arrival

Cheers Rob

Well they look alot better than the pile of bent metal I have which is ment to be a short shifter.
I got it last Novemberish and it is still sat in the box.

Mine looks like a 5 year old blind kid welded it.

Mark :evil:

[quote]They are ordered and will be shipping soon with the adition of stops to stop cable stretching

Cheers Rob… as soon as they ship i will post so you can pre order them before arrival

Cheers Rob[/quote]

Thanks for the update matey.
Kev

Right latest update…

We have had the throw limiter fitted.

I have had the a bearing installed to give the shifter a better feel than the already good feel it had already…Its just me being fussy

Everybody at the Essex meet thought this shifter was wicked and I took a lot of orders last Tuesday…lol

The price looks like its going to be £65.00 inc Delivery

Cheers Rob

Rob will this clear the 6 speed with the polished surround?
I know Tony asked this but…if you want I can bring my motor up to see but you’ll need to supply the shifter ring. I’ll buy the shifter anyway.

rodger

Tell me when it’s time to send a cheque m8y

Hi there

If this will fit a UK 1998 3000GT put my down please. :slight_smile:

It would be rude not to have one :stuck_out_tongue:

Count me in :slight_smile:

cheers