The Importance of toast

Here’s a funny one…

I was going to take a look at NickB’s Mk1 TT so I put it on my insurance and got quoted 700 quid with Adey Flux… fair enough… things go pear shaped my end so I can’t take a look so I change the policy to cover my mk3 97 NA…

Result 1600 quid.

I reckon it’s all about the value 4k as opposed to 10k… but nevertheless put a cheap price for your motor down, because if it gets totalled then they have to pay the replacement cost not what you said on the survey.

I’m off for a sandwich

Des.

Actually, in my experience, it didn’t matter a toss what I put on the insurance form. When my supra was basically stripped bare at a garage, even though it was insured at GBP1800, they only paid out GBP600, claiming it was in ■■■■ condition (DOH) and I couldn’t prove what I paid for it. They’re all thieving little sh*ts. I can see why people don’t do insurance.

Anyway, in Oz, the agreed value between yourself and the insurance company when you take up the insurance is what is paid out, no arguments!! And that’s the way it should be in my opinion!!

Cheers
Andre

Here, here! I paid an extra £35 to have agreed value on mine, and they have insured me for £8000 replacement! On an NA! Even with the supercharger that is a great price!

How about a bagel?