The members of GTOUK

As most of you know I have been a member of this great club for some years now , even after all these years I still have the same enthusiasm as the day I joined if not even more

Over the years I have had some amazing advice and offers of help and sometimes offers and acts of kindness that make your jaw drop from friends that i have only ever met through a common interest in a car which now goes so much beyond that

You folks know who you are

In the 3 years between GT’s/GTO’s I have been a member of 4 other clubs , I have never ventured out to their meets as it always felt like cheating on your partner :joy: Plus I know with some of the great mates I have here I would never get the same enjoyment elsewhere

No longer a club it’s a lifestyle and family

Craig :grinning:

10 Likes

Well said mate,ive not been a member long but been around a while and been a member of a few car clubs,like you never ventured further than my keyboard,tbh believe it or not im quite a private person and quite antisocial,the club has got me away from my little bubble and im really enjoying it at the moment,the company is always good and i dont feel the need to try and be something im not,acceptance of a person for what they are goes a long way in my book.

6 Likes

Big softy :wink:
Still know what you mean 100%
Still being a member of l200 owners group. I even use their FB rather than their actual page.
We are a big ■■■■■■ up family here but it’s awesome and some amazing friends

5 Likes

Ditto all of you…feel the love :heart:
My life since finding you guys has changed for the better, having all of you to talk to, to meet up with, to be accepted for who I am.
I may be a bit opinionated, a little crazy and have some quite frankly stupid ideas, but we don’t fall out just laugh our arses off.
Roll on gto uk… 2 years done hopefully many more to come.
Gto uk family business 🖒
Dave x

7 Likes

Couldn’t have put better myself Craig. I would class myself as a shy person. But as I joined the club I was made welcome and with a common interest I found an audience that wouldn’t judge me for my age (22 back in 05) I was prob one of the first in a new breed of young gt owners. I quickly made some good friends as like you all I have a serious passion for these cars and a unhealthy interest in cars in general. I can honestly say the club has has a very positive impact in my life.

Paul

7 Likes

I can totally relate to what you’re saying @ScottMR I have been a member for just over a year and never thought I’d go to the events and stuff but one of the club’s greatest strengths is its inclusive and welcoming to all. A number of clubs have an inner circle of people that leave newbies feeling like outcasts or even worse just ‘cash cows’ but not gtouk. Put simply we’re bought together by the cars and stay for the laughs and friendships that form in our mad little community! :grinning:

James

4 Likes

Over the years I have met, many people who I would never ventured across :blush: some have become great friends along the way.

Its always great to see people coming back, and over the years many people have returned, so we must be doing someone right as a club

Simon

6 Likes