The new guy

Hello All. aspiring to be an owner of a GTO/3000GT appreciated these cars from a far for far too long now and Id like to scratch the itch. my current car is also beloved jap scrap. high spec civic running 460hp under a ton which Im looking to sell to now to help fund the best condition GTO/3000GT I can find. and Im well aware the GTO/3000GT will feel slow compared but everything revolving around speed isnt really what Im after anymore. rest assured I will build the GTO/3000GT once ive gotten a feel for the pure driving experience of the retro beast that I so dearly crave. Ive had little to no idea why I wanted one so badly for years now but Im coming up to 30 and I know its heavy I know its slower than what Im used to… But I still want one :joy:. something I cant quite explain. maybe because I missed the boat passing up a 3000GT VR4 5 years ago for £4,500. what a clanger I know. the decision was to build the civic instead over the VR4. little did I know the prices would start follow suit of the S14s Evo 5/6 Soarers etc and hike from nowhere. It was only a matter of time. these cars went massively under the radar but also so far ahead of their time. appreciation was inevitable! I guess thats my bitter sweet punishment for not buying it when I had the chance, having to fork out a fair bit more for what Im after now. well thats my mini story anyway. Just unhealthily obsessed with these cars. I have seen a fair few now In person at shows, I know a mk1 owner and am Pretty sure to be in favour of a mk1… If I am correct in my research There is no GTO VR4? why didnt japan make a GTO VR4 model. :face_with_monocle: Also did the mk1 have a 3000GT VR4 variant in the UK? or just the rest of europe/US ( forgive me if anything ive written isnt accurate) Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

Hi @steven6

Welcome to GTOUK :+1:

One thing - the VR4 is an American term for the top spec car - aka Twin turbo.

The 3000GT is the UK/EU spec and only existed as the twin turbo model - there is no such thing as a 3000GT UK/EU non turbo etc…

The GTO comes as an N/A manual or automatic and also a manual TT.

All GTO imports and 3000GTs from UK are 4 wheel drive.

Good luck in your search :+1:

James
Club secretary

2 Likes

Welcome @steven6
Look forward to seeing you at future events.

I may have someone that could be interested in your Honda Civic that races them…

Can you email me all the details please
Thanks very much.

[email protected]

Lara :blush:

1 Like

Good luck with the hunt for a car there are so many models and variations and everyone has different preferences :+1:

1 Like

@Lara Thanks I have emailed you all the details!

@James3000GT thankyou for the kind welcome and also thanks for clearing that up for me :sweat_smile:

@chris_cook1785 Indeed there is a alot to have a good think about! with the different models and specs! although I am a sucker for pop up headlights 🫶🏻

1 Like

@steven6
I haven’t received anything
Would you be so kind to send again and also copy into this email
[email protected]

Many thanks :blush:

@Lara Just forwarded it to that email cheers.

1 Like

@steven6
Fabulous :blush: thank you

1 Like

Is nice one on autotrader. I saw it other week but he not drop price for me.

FYI He’s now asking £10 k he may take less…

Thank you James.
I phone him this evening. It has now sold

@richard3 has a nice mk2 car for sale - lots of work done on it etc…