The NEW Jap Drag Series invitation

• Definitely, my car is ready to run
  • Definitely but my car is not ready yet
  • Might be able to make some events
  • Don’t want to enter but would like to attend events

0 voters

Guys, Jeff Ludgate has asked me t post this up as the new format gives ALL entrants a chance of winning.

[quote]It is with great pleasure that I am able to announce the first round of the 2018 Jap Drag Series will be run at The Fast Show on the weekend of 14th/15th April at Santa Pod on the brand new track!!
New rules being introduced this year will mean that anyone taking part can win.
The 2018 JDS is open to any vehicle powered by any Japanese engine. To run in the Street class the vehicle must be four or rear wheel drive and capable of running between 12.99 and 7.50 seconds.
Slower cars will be given a head start over the quicker cars based on the car’s Best time - i.e. an 11.00 second car gets a 2.00 second start over a 9.00 second car. Whoever crosses the finishing line first wins! There will be no breakouts!
Ever improving PBs will be carried forward from round to round making the event some of the closest head to head racing you will ever see. A car’s PB will only ever improve and never step backwards…
Cars built from 2010 onwards can run down to 10.00 seconds flat with no additional safety equipment fitted. This opens the door to so many racers who did not want to add cages etc to their highly expensive daily driver.
Older vehicles or altered vehicles will need to abide by the safety regulations set out in the Jap Drag Series Rules.
Watch this space for further information but meanwhile who wants to enter this great revamped Series and race at the Fast Show? Please tell us that you are entering your car.[/quote]

The beauty is, you don’t need a super light car tuned to the eyeballs to win with the new format.

Just for reference, I managed to run 12.50 @ 109 mph on road tyres with a 1.7x second 60’ in my Mk4 '99 that only had a boost controller running 0.9 BAR and BOV, rear seats, spare wheel and jack removed.

Please can anyone who might be or definitely is interested post up or let me know directly and I will make sure you have access to any pertinent resources that you need, like the requirements to enter, costs, rule book etc.

Thanks

2 Likes

The events schedule has been finalised as follows

[list]14th-15th April - The Fast Show
9th-10th June - Japshow
3rd-5th August - Ultimate Street Car
22nd-23rd September - Japshow Finale
[/list]

In addition to the above there are a few more events

[list]7th May - No Prep Doorslammer Nationals 2 - 1/8 mile, no prep, flashlight start eliminations. True Street Outlaw style at Rockingham http://eurodragster.com/news/news.asp
19th-20th May - Doorslammers - Pro Doorslammers, Pro Street, True Street, FWD, 4 Cyl, 6 Cyl, Big Bracket, £75k prize fund! 1/4 mile a Santa Pod http://www.santapod.co.uk/doorslammers.phplammers.php
28th-29th July - Ten Of The Best - 1/4 mile, 1 km and Handling Circuit with classes for FWD, RWD and AWD http://www.totb.co.uk/[/list]

3 Likes