This Months Essex Meet 25th September 2007

For over the last four years we have had a monthly meet at the Crooked Billet in Stanford Le Hope. This meet is now becoming the place to bring your GTO/3000GT, as it is becoming busier as each month passes.

Attracting around 20-30 cars each month it is the longest running regular and best monthly meet for GTO/3000GT owners in the UK. A very friendly atmosphere will be found by all owners and new members are warmly welcomed into the fold.

A varied range of modified cars turn up each month giving GTO/3000GT owners something to look at, to perhaps get some idea’s for add some special bits to your car to put your own distinctive style to your own car.

The pub has a massive car park big enough for 100 cars and free food is available, especially welcome when the nights drawn in and become cold enough to make attendees stay in the warmth of the side bar we use as our own.

Directions are as follows below

The venue is THE CROOKED BILLET at STANFORD LE HOPE just off the A13….

The Crooked Billet
Billet Lane,
Stanford-Le-Hope,
Essex
SS17 0AR
Tel: 01375 672159

Directions to the pub are as follows from the M25:

Leave the M25 at junction 30 and head east towards A13 (THURROCK RETAIL PARK)

(DO NOT LEAVE THE A13 AND GO TO THE RETAIL PARK)

Continue along the A13 and head towards BASILDON/SOUTHEND.
You will pass 2 PETROL STATIONS One on either side of the A13.
Start looking for the STANFORD LE HOPE / CORRINGHAM turn off on the left hand side and take the slip road.
At the top of the slip road you will find a roundabout, take the THIRD exit off this roundabout
Exit roundabout onto A1014 (The Manor way)
Ignore 1st exit that goes off to the left on the A1014 and go on further down the road to the roundabout.

At this roundabout, take the THIRD exit Corringham Road
(You should have a field on your left hand side when in this road)
Turn LEFT (South) onto Rainbow Lane (turn down the side of same field)
Bear RIGHT (South-West) onto Billet Lane
You should now see the pub on the left hand side, just set back a bit from the road.
(Go along this road for no more than 100yds) Start looking left for iron Gates
Turn LEFT (South) in between these Iron Gates and this will lead you into the pub car park

BEWARE THE SPEED BUMPS COMING IN AND GOING OUT!!!

PLEASE TURN AND LEAVE QUIETLY AS THIS PUB IS VERY NEAR TO A RESIDENTIAL AREA AND COMPLAINTS ARE AGAIN BEING MADE ABOUT THE NOISE OF US LEAVING LATE AT NIGHT!!!

Look forward to seeing you there

Rob

Yes i know it’s a bit late… :oops: :oops:

Heard you spoke to one of my mates Clive who’s just bought himself a Black mk2 … … I mentioned the MAFT Pro and he didnt know about it :smiley: :wink: … He was saying how he wants to keep it standard … We will see :twisted: :lol:

… will be down a bit later tonight as we will come in tow and he needs to do something first :smiley:

il stop lurking around the forum now and make my way to the pub :wink:

another good turn out tonight … shame the pub didnt have an ounce of manners or decency to let Rob know that they now shut the pub on a tuesday !!! …

Oh well , their loss … off to the next pub :smiley:

good meet. will be out for the next for def. :slight_smile:

So wheres the meet gonna be now?

not to far i cant push it that far

Might be in the area next month if the next meet is around 23rd October! :slight_smile:

Are the RS meets still going on a halfway house on the A127?

Dunno about the RS meets but i know its the Bike meet there on a tuesday … …

And Mr Covert the ping ping camera is normally out in force :cry: