Topic Solved Button

Should we add a topic solved button?

For example, in the technical help sections if a user asks a question and someone answers it a few posts down they could mark that post as the answer allowing people to jump from the first post that asks the question to the post that answers it best without having to read all the rest.

I was going to suggest this for your point ref new members.
How many times do people forget to put that the issue is solved however if it is flagged that it is. A newbie comes to the site views the first handfull of posts to a similar issue they may have and can see that the op has had the problem solved for them by the knowledge of the club.
both suggestions are great ideas potentially keep the post viewing to 1 if this button is visible so they can search their issue. Read the op post on the symptoms and see that it has been solved but pay for the priviledge so to speak

Only downside to this is the flagged post may have solved the particular fault for this person however not all similar faults will be solved by the same answer .

So someone reading might go straight to the marked answer and use that particular advice to then find that it did not solve their problem but the one 2 posts prior or after will .

I do like the idea of it being closed so to speak with a solved post and we discussed using similar for facebook , such as my “yada yada” is broken then put a reply showing "thanks for helping me fix my yada yada " this way we could have hot topics on facebook showing faults are being solved without actually divulging the information , this way someone with a similar fault is more likely to turn up here after help

Craig :slight_smile:

1 Like