Type approval number

Hi. Just a quick question you may be able to help me with.

I bought a Mk 2 GTO 15 years ago and and it is the love of my life. Its a 1994 model.

We moved to France several years ago and now I am being pressured to re-register the car in France. My problem is the UK log book does not show a “Type approval number” and French bureaucracy will not allow me to progress unless I have this number.

The log book states Mitsubishi, Coupe,Private/light goods (PLG) It has no mention of “GTO or GT” No mention of "model type/variant/model. and the type approval number is blank.

Can you tell me if there is a number that can be used. Mitsubishi Japan have been very helpful inasmuch that they have given me most information regarding my car except the one thing I need.

Is there a number I can use, possibly the type approval number from the GT imported to the UK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I do not want my car to be off road because of a ridiculous requirement.

I am 73 (going on 30), a total GTO fan and my car is wonderful.

Have you tried phoning the DVLA?
Jerry

It Must be possible Toby as i have French customers who own Japanese Home Market GTO’s such as yours

I don’t know if this will help you but may be worth a read…

Cheers Rob

https://www.vehicle-certification-agency.gov.uk/vehicletype/type-approval-for-ca.asp