Welcome to the new website

Hi everyone,

Please spend some time going around the new forum, we are here to help. It is different but has many advantages. Feel free to drag and drop video links or photos into posts. If you have a big collection, for example events they can be added to the main website. We also now have live conversations, so no more refreshing. There are many more features, but I am sure you will pick them up as you go along…

The front page image will be car of the month, so will change regularly.

Hope everyone in enjoys the new site.

Neil.

Also please note the URL is www.gto.club but we forward the other addresses as soon as the members are on board.

Neil

Thanks for the hard work Neil & Dean.

Will the pics from posts on the old forum come up on here?

I really just wanted to post something so I thought I’d ask that, oh and where’s me smilies so when I’m being naughty I can back it up with “don’t bite my head off it was a joke”, lol

:slight_smile: Just start typing them and they appear, so start with :

And thank you, this hasn’t been at all easy getting the old system in. I am sure there will be a few teething problems but we will work through them :smile:

Neil.

Are the categories staying as they are ( just jumbled ) or will there be some sort of order to them as in the old site or am I not doing it right.

Julian.

Hi Julian.

When you select the main heading, there is a menu next to it with the individual menus. Its the same as it was before. Here is how you access the second menu:

Cheers,
Neil.

It does take a little getting used to, still a little twitchy on the iPhone from what I can gather (didn’t show me as logged in until I changed to and then from full website mode)
:wink: :sunny: :blush: :smiley: :smile:

1 Like

So from this only one smiley works

They are look fine on a pc :smile:

Neil.

Thanks Neil, Sorted

Think you are going to have to be a little patient with non pc members like myself, Ii think i have worked out most of it but how do you Drag & drop a picture, I can copy and paste things but how do you do it with a picture, also if all else fails can we still revert to the old method & get them from Photo bucket, last but not least, if I get them from say my pc do they automatically resize them selves.

Julian.

Hi @Julian,

Here is a quick animation of me uploading images into this topic via Drag and Drop

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Dean.

Hi Julian,

If you open windows explorer, choose your image, you then drag & drop it into the post that your writing, make sure the image is less than 3mb or the system wont except it. We added a limit to stop people taking forever to upload pictures, if this is a problem we could look at this in the future.

Cheers,
Neil.

Not my cup of tea so far and too dark, hopefully i’ll get used to it.

It grows on you, its just very hard to get used just after using the old forum.

This is going to be fun …lol

2 Likes

dont like it sorry
cant find anything
i hate change
i hate change
i hate change
if you only knew how much time i waste making things like google firefox windows etc work /look like they used to its depressing and dont even get me started on the ■■■■■■ iphone why people / corporations feel the need to foist unwanted changes on me is just beyond me,im a firm believer in “if its not broke then don’t fix”
i think its my OCD that the problem ,bourbon helps i find
im sure the site will make more sence in the morning when im sober
i bet ive bought a load of crap off amazon again i shouldnt be allowed near the internet when ive been drinking i bought a camoflage net last time god knows why

3 Likes

It was broke and we did need to fix it, we also had no choice but to change it, we would have got hacked. Everyone doesn’t like change, but we need to move with the times, we cant run over 10 year old software, if you have any questions we can help. My Sam has tested the site and found her away around and she has never been on a forum. There isnt anybody who is going to learn a new forum in 5-6 minutes. It is strange for a small while but you will soon pick it up. Its like when people don’t like facebook change then forget about it the next week. In all fairness I thought the same about the forum the first time I tried it, but when was the last time we had people adding photos, within five mins of using the forum etc.

Neil.

1 Like