What price range to look at?

I am looking for GTO not bothered about Turbo or NA. Because want it due to look not the performance. I have found one from 95 with automatic gear 65 k miles driven with a clean history on MOT. Price tag is 4k with 12 month MOT. Second option is manual NA 1991 which was stored for last 10 years with no MOT but in running condition with a price tag of 2K. Paint work is faded and will need a respray. Third one is TT 1991 with faded colour but in running condition with decent MOT history and price tag in 4.5k. what would you recommend. My only worry is paint job can cost a lot. But paint work can also be delayed and can be done later with right amount of money in hand. What do you guys think?

1 Like

Out of those two n/a cars I would personally go for the manual , I know some of the auto guys will be upset at me about that , but get a good auto and everything is dandy , get a bad one and you will have loads of issues , getting things like tcuā€™s or people to work on the box itself is hard going .

The TT and tbh all of them , condition and history is a must , factor in a cambelt change if itā€™s unknown when last changed on all of them

Best thing to do is drive them and see which best suits you

Welcome to GTOUK by the way and good luck whichever way you go :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi and Welcome, I would second @CDMH on this one, especially if youā€™re more into the styling than the performance.
Enda

1 Like

Do you think price tags is right with NA manual year 1991 with colour fading?

Thank you both for your detailed input.

1 Like

The n/a auto is probably least desirable for most so tend to be cheaper , there were more autos than n/a manuals , but at 2k for the manual if everything else checks out ok it sounds a decent deal . I always said years ago if I was going to have a daily I would have an n/a manual as thereā€™s less to worry about turbo wise , I know that your not after a daily though

@dodgemonkey can give you the lowdown on n/a manuals , he has had his lovely motor years and itā€™s been trouble free

I have an n/a manual and itā€™s been completely trouble free apart from a very few small issues, like you I wanted one for its looks and wasnā€™t that bothered about speed and actually itā€™s not as slow as you think good luck with your search

1 Like

N/A manual if You donā€™t bother about performance, Welcome to GTOUK !

1 Like

I check most places every day for TT sales, obviously not the best time to be buying/selling due to covid but Iā€™m not going to leave it too much longer.

Just out of interest; where did you find that TT? Thatā€™s if you donā€™t mind sharing that is.

I want it for a track focused build so donā€™t care about rear wheel steering, active aero or seats as all coming out. Engine not a problem either (4G63 going in). Just minimum rust lol.

He is on facebook from Derby. He has few options. I have not visited him because of the lockdown. Search him on market place from Derby.

I agree it is not the best time to look for GTO. Almost everyone is inviting me to see the car which I am not interested now. One car is with the dealer who is asking for click and collect and can keep the car for s maximum of 2 days. I would just wait.

I hope none of those options are from MotorHub? If so you should have a little Google about them as a company.

Yup not the best time, just ideally wanted something ready for around April time, also wanted it to be something different. Maybe something will come up.

Definitely not

I got two cars from motorhub, both mk4 MR,s both been ok.
Little work on one but you have to go there with your eyes wide open, not got the best reputation. I got them because they were mk 4,s and very rare. If you know what to look for probably as much chance of a decent car as many other places, but got to buy there as seen, our cars are low down the scale for them but all their cars can,t be bad, they have so many.
What about their Lambos, Ferraris McClarens etc ???

Have a look at this one.

Enda

1 Like

Looks good. Car is in NI though. Thank you for referring to the advert.

No prob, I know its across water from you but you canā€™t travel anywhere at the moment. Iā€™m not sure what the customs situation between NI and the rest if the UK is at the moment either you may want to check that out if you were to consider it.
Enda

1 Like

Could always check this one out if you have 50kā€¦

1 Like

Saw that earlier , must be a typo or his misses said ā€œyou best put the car up for sale or else ā€œ ā€¦ ok dear Iā€™ve put it up for sale :wink:

2 Likes

The guy was on Facebook saying he ainā€™t selling it - just put it up there to see what offers he gets etcā€¦

Itā€™s all this thing about prices and trying to drive them upwards towards skyline and supra money etcā€¦

James

2 Likes