Would you like me to do Pattern Parts?

HI Rob ,I think it’s a great idea , People can have the choice , Avaliability could be better , you would get more business , I am sure there is some half decent patterned parts about , you know your stuff , So I am sure you would source The best possible patterned stuff going , I only done a 1000 miles last year and I am on a tight budget ,I need to do a full 5 year service in the next few months , And I would definatly rather buy off you , than anyone else selling gto stuff

Cheers

TL Matt

Upon Looking into this there is not much of a range to do to be honest so far

Loads and loads of absolute rubbish out there too, lots of the stuff that is on ebay…lol

I WILL be doing Pattern Stuff , but it may take a while to weed the crap from the good stuff

Most of this stuff is going to be the normal service type items, but i have found some interesting items that will save you guys some cash on some of the parts.

I think some of you think that you can get the whole car as pattern parts , you cannot and the amount of pattern stuff available is about 1-2% of the cars total parts… There just is not enough cars to justify the production of parts by even the Chinese…

More info as i find stuff out

Cheers Rob

I think its a great idea Rob if your car is a daily drive waiting weeks or months for a genuine part can cause problems and stress a patterned part could be a fix while the genuine part turns up. I will buy genuine if it warrants to be a genuine part if not a good patterned part will suffice.
Robert.

Rob, speaking as someone who’s worked for a couple of parts suppliers I’d suggest asking the pattern part supplier whether or not they do any Original Equipment (OE) parts too. If yes, then they’ll have the necessary quality standards and processes and all should be well. If not, then more research will be required to separate the decent, genuine aftermarket players from the (frankly) counterfeiters. Cheers, Mark.

Mark, You know exactly what i am thinking

Problem is most of the Pattern stuff seems to come direct from China to distributors here in the UK and they have no idea what they are even talking about or selling

Most of them list a drop link, that on their lists as listed as fitting a NIssin Micra and a GTO !!

FFS !! like they are close in weight etc…

no wonder the Genuine manufactures want to stop the aftermarket stuff appearing

From what i am seeing the companies who supply this stuff have no idea on what they are selling or even any concern of it being the wrong part that could cause failures/accidents they just don’t seem to care

1 Like