Yakushi Weekend 1st - 3rd September

Hi Everyone - looking to see if our members are interested in doing a car show camping weekend - similar to how JAE used to run. We want to attend shows that are of interest to our members so can only run these events if people want to attend.

The show is located next to silverstone so another fairly central location.

Please comment below if you would be interested in this car show weekend.

Cheers,

James

1 Like

I’m up for it :joy:

I may be interested but not sure if were going on holiday around that time or not yet,but defo ill be up for it if we dont go anywhere

1 Like

I’m interested :+1:

1 Like

@artur this is the camping weekend car show I mentioned today.

If you’re interested comment below :+1:

James

Thank you. Unfortunetly i have a holiday at this time. But i’m interested and if I stay in the UK I’d love to come.

Nudge nudge everyone- we need to understand if people are interested in this car show…,

James

Hi james i dont think ill beable to make this one as we thinking of going away round that time.

But dont know if theyll be any interest at tunerfest Donington on the 20th of August ill be able to make that if the club is interested in it and might be of interest for the Northern peeps.
https://midlands.tunerfest.co.uk/
Jerry

1 Like

Looks good @gto_power1 maybe too late to get members together for this year, but sounds like one we can probably put on the Events Calendar for next year :+1:.

Tracie :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Tickets for the Yakushi show are now in the club shop (£40) and availability is limited. The show runs from Friday morning to Sunday afternoon - we are planning to have a marquee so no need to worry about the weather and also do the traditional GTOUK food service of evening meals (Friday and Saturday) and a fried breakfast (Saturday and Sunday) - some of you will recall this from the old JAE days.

Tickets are available here - only tickets purchased through the club shop will be valid for entry onto the club stand.

Location: Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa Whittlebury, Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 8QH - next to Silverstone.

There are also on-site toilets and shower facilities.

Once you purchase a ticket please add your name to the list below:

1. James (paid)

Cheers,

James

1 Like

So looking foward to a JAE replacement, a sadly missed event, which used to have 50 cars plus, and great to meet new members and have a couple of beers over a chat around the cars.

Simon

2 Likes

Don’t worry about the camping if it’s your first time, us seasoned campers will provide all our tips and tricks to make it an enjoyable experience :kissing_closed_eyes: @JoeB you two youngsters must be up for a whole weekend tinkering with the car :grin:. @Marty_K think you fancied this last year :thinking:.

Tracie

3 Likes

Started the ball rolling chaps I’m going to list some of our usual JAE attendees:

@ms8leach
@just_cool
@cantfindthegenepool
@Marty_K
@Colin_GTO
@steve_k_aa
@mickJ

Now to some of our recent members who have come to the day meetings:

@Driftaway
@gto_power1
@tim4
@Tom98GTOSR
@JoeB

And of course anyone else who would like to come along :+1: these shows are great fun and if you’re unsure about it or have any questions just ask away- we can help :+1:

James

1 Like

Nudge nudge people- possibly the last chance to get the car to a show in 2023 :+1:

I want to go, but need to check how much time off I still have available at work.
This clashes with my shift pattern.
Marty

So a complete lack of response, and with time running out to book the plots, I assume we are all done?

Simon

5 person stand booked

Attendes

Simon
James
Mark
Sheana
Martyn

Simon

Hi is there an option to come for the day? Ie only the sunday? The club shop is for the 3 days? Or im missing something!
Might be able to come for the day not sure as yet
Jerry

Hi Jerry,

This I don’t know - to be honest I guess most of us will be packing up on Sunday morning. I think if you do want to go to the show for 1 day it’s best to book directly with Yakushi.

Cheers,

James

1 Like

Jerry,

Be lovely to catch up with you but after a full weekend camping, most members are quick to pack up their tent etc on the Sunday morning and hit the road home, the Sunday isn’t usually a day the Club stays for at weekend event :hugs:.

Tracie :paw_prints: :paw_prints: :paw_prints:

1 Like