You think you've got it bad

Insurance ,what a ■■■■■■■ take on . After spending near 5 hours yesterday
on the phone looking for the stuff elephant came up with the goods , a quote of £1600 not bad after trying 42 different insurance brokers all of which said not a chance . Northern Ireland has it’s good points and it’s bad … this is it’s bad , not a single one would touch a 25 year old with 6 years no claims and no convictions . But now i’m the proud owner of 1992 black GTO , looking forward forward to many a happy time :cry: :? :cry: :frowning: :slight_smile: :smiley:

[quote]Insurance ,what a @!%& take on . After spending near 5 hours yesterday
on the phone looking for the stuff elephant came up with the goods , a quote of £1600 not bad after trying 42 different insurance brokers all of which said not a chance . Northern Ireland has it’s good points and it’s bad … this is it’s bad , not a single one would touch a 25 year old with 6 years no claims and no convictions . But now i’m the proud owner of 1992 black GTO , looking forward forward to many a happy time :cry: :? :cry: :frowning: :slight_smile: :D[/quote]

Geeze…I though I had it bad here in Australia. I pay $1000 AUS (300 Pounds) for fully comp & unlimited Km’s cover…looks like I won’t ever complain about the cost again!

Why are you guys in the UK & Northern Ireland paying SO much for insurance…1600 pounds…holy ■■■■!

cheers

Mostly to cover all the uninsured drivers me thinks !!!

[quote]

[quote]Insurance ,what a @!%& take on . After spending near 5 hours yesterday
on the phone looking for the stuff elephant came up with the goods , a quote of £1600 not bad after trying 42 different insurance brokers all of which said not a chance . Northern Ireland has it’s good points and it’s bad … this is it’s bad , not a single one would touch a 25 year old with 6 years no claims and no convictions . But now i’m the proud owner of 1992 black GTO , looking forward forward to many a happy time :cry: :? :cry: :frowning: :slight_smile: :D[/quote]

Geeze…I though I had it bad here in Australia. I pay $1000 AUS (300 Pounds) for fully comp & unlimited Km’s cover…looks like I won’t ever complain about the cost again!

Why are you guys in the UK & Northern Ireland paying SO much for insurance…1600 pounds…holy @!%&!

cheers[/quote]

Can`t comment on N ireland but we pay so much because we live in rip off Britain.

i blame the goverment :slight_smile: they must be involved somewhere :slight_smile:

Craig

I have it the worse. My insurance is $3000 bucks per 6 months… that’s 500 bucks a month ladies and gents. Oh and did I mention Liability only!!!

fookin hell, u get raped! no wonder so many go uninsured!

Yea if you’re under 25 in the USA you get it without vaseline. :lol:

I don’t know if this is good or bad
£900 f/c witn 7years n/c/b ( the wife ! )
living in london from chaucer
What do you think
Michael

Hey Michael, you declare those mods buddy? :wink:

I’v declare the exhust & wheels as these cost the most and I would want them replaced like for like.
I hate this system ( post code insurance ) Thinking of starting up my own insurance company for high performance gray imports ( dream on ).
cheers
MD

Hey you want to feel sorry for those that are under 25 like me and robsongto we get shafted ever year when it comes to get insurance :evil:

shafted for how much ? because if i was a resident of the mainland my insurance would be almost half

1,400 TPFF thats my best quote so far…

£340 Fully Comp. :wink:
It pays to be old and carefull!!! :twisted:

What i started this little rant about was the cost of my insurance and how much difference there was between everyones , but the real problem stems from being quoted £850 tpft for 3000gt and £1650 tpft for a gto tt . Now it would be fair enough that there would be an increase in premium of say 20% , 30% or even 40% between the uk car and the jap car but not a whopping 100% now someone is really taking the ■■■■ .

Stuart

[quote]I’v declare the exhust & wheels as these cost the most and I would want them replaced like for like.
I hate this system ( post code insurance ) Thinking of starting up my own insurance company for high performance gray imports ( dream on ).
cheers
MD[/quote]

Michael thats what happens when you PIMP your ride 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

HA HA HA HA. :lol:

Michael.