Hi girls and guys,my name is Burnie,

Hi Im looking to itch a scratch I have a list of motors i would like and GTO is on the list.
has anybody got a modified with around 400bhp for sale would love Blue colour but the right car wont stop my colour choice.
Some cars i have had,TVr tamora Miss it but to expensive now,BMW Alpina Roadster also a great car,3 x Honda S2000s still have one and will always I think…couple type R,
Would like a Nissan 300zx but wife says there ugly,Toyota Supra,Porsche but put of because of so many issues…Boxter or 996 anything younger is silly money.
I have read a few bits on here and finding your humour a little like S2k uk which is also a great group.
Hope to get a GTO asap and maybe come along to a meet.
Cheers for now Burnie.

Hi and welcome to GTOUK :sunglasses:

@maxxbradley has a blue modded MKI 3000gt that is over 400hp and for sale at the moment ,

Check the for sales section out and you can have a look

Regards

Craig :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks Craig

Hi Burnie. Welcome to the nut house. As Craig said I have a Blue Mk1 for sale. I had a guy viewing it today so may be sold but I will keep you posted. Here is a picture. If you have any questions send me a PM and I will let you know if she’s still for sale.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club Burnie.
Again Max’s car seems to fit your criteria.
Jensen

1 Like

Cheers guys yes from the picture looks lovely, not sure but I would need a hanger as well.
Where is for sale three so I can look at add, where is car located?

Here you go

Yuki is so so nice but my slight budget of between £5500 aint enough. love the picture with the jet behind…

It’s probably a bit of a stretch to get a tidy 400bhp car for £5500 as this means 13T turbos and a piggyback or aftermarket ECU is required. You might find one mid 300’s which has just had the boost turned up on the standard 11b turbos with an airflow rate converter unit fitted. That can be done to a standard car for three figures versus £4-5k in parts (factoring in uprated clutch, exhaust, intercooler, etc) and mapping for the 13T upgrade.

1 Like

Yeh I have never had a turbo petrol before and really fancy a well sorted one ,some one who has done all the work as i would not be able to do this wok myself.
I appreciate the car above. And i know I can’t afford that one…Its a lovely colour car as well.

Why not look for a good condution std tt car they are quite quick and then as you get to know about gto/3000gt,s you can decide the route you want to for mods.
Buying something already modded may be expensive or more important has it been set up expertly, badly done mods can cause a lot of problems.
Your budget should get you a decent car of any age but do check for rust particularly rear nearside inner wing, at the rear behind petrol tank, rear sill and floorpan to bulkhead seams, a superficially good looking car can be very rusty.
Good luck with your quest. Jerry.

1 Like

Cheers I understand what your saying but i find once i have bought i never like to see money going on the chase for power,there seem to be a few for sale what the thoughts on this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubishi-GTO-3000GT-VR4-Twin-Turbo-Manual-Immacuate-Condition-Fully-Restored-/192026730218?hash=item2cb5af5eea:g:1KcAAOSwB09YKOCZ
The inside looks stunning…

Im going to look at this tomorrow
https://www.gumtree.com/p/mitsubishi/Mitsubishi-GT-3000-V6-24V-Twin-Turbo-Over-20,000-In-Upgrades-New-MOT--Excellent-Condition-/1195874142
anybody know either car?

Be interested to see what the upgrades are to get 480bhp , over 20k spent but no real list of what’s on there . Have a good read of the buyers guide on here and print it out if you need to

1 Like

Spoke with the guy as its on route to paighton so why not have a butchers…
He recons his mate has gone to live abroad and been trying to sell but has not been able.He owned it for many years I will have a look and see the picture ain’t great but he drove it from London to Plymouth and it scared him…funny. Ill update in couple days…
yes will download and print the fact sheet thanks guy… hope to meet up some time but my issue is distance and time…funny that.

1 Like

Red car certainly looks good inside and bodywork, l would like to see underneath and how it has been treated but l wonder why he has left the engine bay as is rather than freshened up at least a bit. It takes a lot of cleaning but its worth it. But on the face of it looks like it could be a decent car for the money especially if bargainable on price, maybe a lot of work gone into it but fully restored?
For the black car, good price for the power if the spec adds up, does he have any dyno back up for the 480bhp ir any photos. As Craig says not much detail but it should feel very quick on a test drive with that sort of power. Make sure the basic car is solid, mk 2 as well so mk1 or mk2?
Good luck

1 Like

Cheers,yes I was thinking it should be quick,but I need to check all of above info. Red one looks great but picture may make it look better, inside looks really nice.
Is there much difference in price between the mk s and have you all noticed an Upwood trend in price.
Have noticed the Supra have taken of but Good and Nissan just have not started yet?

Hi burnie

Welcome along. The car on Gumtree is also on autotrader. Do check the MOT history using the free service. I did it for this car and it had some advisories and lots of history so definitely worth a read.

Cheers

James

3 Likes

Cheers James…

Went and seen the black rocket yesterday, very nice car had a lot done quite a lot of paper work, but no internal work had racing type clutch quite stiff,wheels were ok there was advisory on new mot stating rust corrosion on jacking points plus the front metal bar behind the front bumper was quite rusty interior was lovely a bit of wear but it 20 odd years old engine bay was quite tatty a few days cleaning and painting would work but he wants too much money. Felt like it’s done the mileage 144k UK spec.

Won’t be a uk spec car , only the 3000gt twin turbo was uk spec , all GTO’s both n/a manual and auto and Twin turbo are jap spec

1 Like