Yuki is for sale..... again

I hope nobody minds but i decided to start a new topic as there is a lot of information in the old one that is no longer relevant. I include a link to the old one here as I am not trying to hide anything. I just want to keep all the info in here correct and up to date!

I have finally decided to sell my beloved. I have been toying with the idea for a while but I have finally made my mind up. The only reason I am going to part with the love of my life is because I want to build a track car and with the best will in the world I could not bring myself to track this beauty. She is just too special.

Anyway this is a for sale ad not a sob story so on to the car….
This is my Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 twin turbo affectionately named Yuki (no you don’t have to keep the name). She is a 1994 Mk1 UK model car so one of the last Mk1’s made.
The car is in Danube blue which is a very rare colour for a Mk1. In fact (as far as I know) only 5 were made as an end of production run to introduce the colour which became an option on the Mk2’s. As far as I am aware only 1 other one of these 5 cars remain.

Her beauty has been backed up by being voted GTOUK car of the month twice. First in April last year when I first became a member and entered. The second one was January this year when I was first allowed to enter again having won last year. This was probably the biggest honour as in January anyone can enter meaning the competition was very high.
She is very well known in GTOUK and the early edit of the story of my ownership can be found in the garage section alongside some of the best examples in the club. Here is a link: http://www.gto.club/2015/08/17/yuki-the-blue-mk1-3000gt/17

The car comes with all the standard features that the car is known for. This includes an amazing 4 wheel drive system, 4 wheel steering, active aerodynamics, electronically controlled suspension, climate control (needs regassing), cruise control (currently inactive due to aftermarket steering wheel but would be fine if a standard wheel was fitted). It also has a moon roof which I believe was an optional extra and a very rare one on a turbo model apparently. This operates like a sun roof tilting up at the back, or can be removed completely and stowed in the boot which gives you nowhere to hide from the amazing sound coming out the back.

Looking at the underside she seems to be solid underneath with no rust but feel free to look for yourself when you come to view. Also being a 3000GT rather than a GTO (UK model not an import) it came with the larger brakes as standard. Import GTO’s have smaller brakes that usually get replaced with the bigger ones from the later cars. No need to worry about that here though!

She has also be fairly extensively modified with the below parts:
Evil Empire 13T Turbos
RC 550cc Injectors
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Fidanza Light Weight Flywheel
Maf-T Pro ECU mapped in speed density mode (no MAF sensor to worry about)
Massive cone air filter (having no MAF means more room for this)
Viper complete custom exhaust system
Exeddy Clutch (chatters slightly when stationary with foot off the pedal, apparently this is normal for this clutch, handles the power more than adequately)
Boost and AFR gauges
EBC Red Stuff brake pads and grooved discs
All of these modifications were fitted and mapped by Eurospec to give a result of 430bhp. This map has been tweaked as recently as yesterday which has cured a hesitation mentioned in my earlier thread. It now drives like an absolute dream!

The car comes with an enourmous amount of history. It looks like every receipt ever has been kept with the car. Including all MOT’s from the cars history and even every tax disc it had before they were dropped. I have pictures of this available if anyone wants to see them.

Bad points:
These are now purely cosmetic after the work recently carried out by Eurospec.

-The bodywork of the car is incredibly good for a 22 year old car but there are a few stone chips in the front bumper and a couple of tiny car park dings. They do not detract from the beautiful looks of the car but worth mentioning.

-The driver’s seat has the usual wear and tear on the outside bolster. You don’t feel it and can’t see it while driving. Just when getting in and out. One of those jobs that kept slipping.

-One of the front driving lights (look like fog lights but come on with the main beam) has cracked and so had got water in it and become discoloured. I am hunting for a replacement and if I get one before a sale goes through I will replace this.

-Finally the window weather strips – those infamous little b*****ds – need replacing. These are available from Evil Rob for around £200 a pair.

Along with the map tweak that was done by Eurospec they also replaced the cambelt/waterpump etc due to the water pump failure mentioned in the other thread. This has cured the problem and is now not losing any water whatsoever. The receipt for this is included for peace of mind for the new owner. One less job to do.

And that’s it. It will honestly break my heart to see her go but if I don’t follow my dream of building a track car now then I never will.
Asking price is £7250 or £7000 for FULL club members. Also included will be a memory stick with all of my high resolution professional pictures, some of which are below (in low res format for forum limit).
It is very important to me that the car stays in the club so I will pay for the new owner’s full GTOUK membership for the first year.

2 Likes

PRICE DROP Currently on ebay for £7250. Price for club member is £7000.

1 Like

Just searched for it on eBay? Got a link

Yeah eBay is pretty shocking at listing items. Apparently it takes 24 hours to make it searchable. try searching for the item number 232127252206

It says no results found, why do they take so long now? Ebay sucks!!!

Terry :sunglasses:

It shows up when I search Terry… check you got the right number.

1 Like

Copied and pasted it Max, will have another go :slight_smile:

Just had another go and I get this

No search results found
Make sure words are spelled correctly.
Use less specific or different keywords.

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Had the same problem with the scoob , I could see it on my account but using donnas it didn’t show for 24hrs

Good luck max :sunglasses:

1 Like

I may be breaking this soon if I don’t get any firm offers. I have had a few but none that have come to anything. I will hold out a little while longer because I really don’t want to do it.

Depends how low you want to go max really , I pulled about 5+k out of mine but key is timing , it’s doing so when there isn’t many in bits , the tuning side of parts go extremely quickly . You then get left with bits or silly offers for other stuff

Like how much to post a gearbox ? Sorry mate won’t fit in the post box :joy:

Trick is if you do break it , offer the parts at a fair price , see so many people wanting 500 quid for bits that are still in the garage years later

Craig :grinning:

5 Likes

pmsl :joy:

1 Like

Hi Maxx, I’ve always found end of summer/winter a very slow time for selling motors. Those who have the facilities for a winter project may just buy cheap and then spend to upgrade. A decent example like yours sits in a niche area but fingers crossed that you sell it though, hate to see a good one get parted, so good luck!

I’m holding out a bit longer. I really don’t want to go there just yet. Shes too nice to break really but i spent far too much on the new daily and forced my hand really. If i could keep her i would. You are definitely right Mick. If i could I wouldn’t be selling until a couple of months into the new year.

4 Likes

Bump. Still for sale!! PM me if you’re interested!

1 Like

Bump

Now on eBay as an auction. No reserve. £2500 starting big (already have 1 bid after 25mins).

eBay item number 232238561590

2 Likes

Good luck with the auction Max.
I hope you get good money for the car.
Jensen

2 Likes

Hope you pull a decent price in mate :sunglasses:

3 Likes