Yuki is for sale Mk1 TT

UPDATE 2: Ben will be coming down to pick the old girl up and take her to Eurospec for the needed work. Fingers crossed this time next week I will have her back in full working order ready for her new owner. If anyone is interested then drop me a message. I am in conversation with a couple of potential buyers but nothing firm yet.

UPDATE: Yuki will be going to Eurospec this week or possibly next week to sort the water pump and have the map tweak which i mentioned is needed. Once this is done she will be a 100% mechanically sorted car with just one or two cosmetic fixes required. So the original asking price will be back - ÂŁ8.5k.

EDIT: car sprung a water leak today. £5k takes it. Don’t have the heart to fix it now!

I have finally decided to sell my beloved. I have been toying with the idea for a while but I have finally made my mind up. The only reason I am going to part with the love of my life is because I want to build a track car and with the best will in the world I could not bring myself to track this beauty. She is just too special.
Anyway this is a for sale ad not a sob story so on to the car….
This is my Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 twin turbo affectionately named Yuki (no you don’t have to keep the name). She is a 1994 Mk1 UK model car so one of the last Mk1’s made.
The car is in Danube blue which is a very rare colour for a Mk1. In fact only 5 were made as an end of production run to introduce the colour which became an option on the Mk2’s. As far as I am aware only 1 other one of these 5 cars remain.
Her beauty has been backed up by being voted GTOUK car of the month twice. First in April last year when I first became a member and entered. The second one was January this year when I was first allowed to enter again having won last year. This was probably the biggest honour as in January anyone can enter meaning the competition was very high.
She is very well known in GTOUK and the early edit of the story of my ownership can be found in the garage section alongside some of the best examples in the club. Here is a link: http://www.gto.club/2015/08/17/yuki-the-blue-mk1-3000gt/
The car comes with all the standard features that the car is known for. This includes an amazing 4 wheel drive system, 4 wheel steering, active aerodynamics, electronically controlled suspension, climate control (needs regassing), cruise control (currently inactive due to aftermarket steering wheel but would be fine if a standard wheel was fitted). It also has a moon roof which I believe was an optional extra. This operates like a sun roof tilting up at the back, or can be removed completely and stowed in the boot which gives you nowhere to hide from the amazing sound coming out the back.
She has also be fairly extensively modified with the below parts:
Evil Empire 13T Turbos
RC 550cc Injectors
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Fidanza Light Weight Flywheel
Maf-T Pro ECU mapped in speed density mode (no MAF sensor to worry about)
Massive cone air filter (having no MAF means more room for this)
Viper complete custom exhaust system
Exeddy Clutch (chatters slightly when stationary with foot off the pedal, apparently this is normal for this clutch, handles the power more than adequately)
Boost and AFR gauges
All of these modifications were fitted and mapped by Eurospec to give a result of 430bhp. This is a VERY conservative map. A new map would likely yield in excess of 460bhp and I highly recommend this for the new owner to get the most out of this car (as well as for an issue listed below).
Bad points:
As mentioned I highly recommend a remap for this car to unleash its real potential. It is plenty quick enough as it is but a couple of small tweaks would certainly add a little something extra. The other reason for this is the map is currently giving a “Lean Tip-In” issue. This is due to the car running in speed density rather than having a MAF sensor. This means that when you put your foot down the ECU doesn’t see the demand for extra fuel straight away. The ECU therefore compensates for this by enriching the mixture when the throttle is first applied. However, these settings need adjusting as there is a small hesitation when first flooring it. It lasts about half a second and then runs like a dream but can get annoying. A small tweak will fix this completely.
The bodywork of the car is incredibly good for a 22 year old car but there are a few stone chips in the front bumper and a couple of tiny car park dings. They do not detract from the beautiful looks of the car but worth mentioning.
The driver’s seat has the usual wear and tear on the outside bolster. You don’t feel it and can’t see it while driving. Just when getting in and out. One of those jobs that kept slipping.
Finally the window weather strips – those infamous little b*****ds – need replacing. This annoys me so much that I will take the £200 off the sale price to replace them. I will even order them for the new owner if needs be to make sure it gets done!
And that’s it. It will honestly break my heart to see her go but if I don’t follow my dream of building a track car now then I never will.
Asking price is ÂŁ8500 (ÂŁ8300 allowing for ÂŁ200 for the weather strips). Also included will be a memory stick with all of my high resolution professional pictures, some of which are below.
It is very important to me that the car stays in the club so I will pay for the new owner’s full GTOUK membership for the first year.

2 Likes

Oh and one of the small driving lights on the bottom of the front bumper has a crack so is full of water. I am still looking at replacing this before sale but if i dont manage it before then it will be reflected in the price.

1 Like

Absolutely gutted :frowning:
Steve

2 Likes

For anyone thinking of buying this car, we can sort out the Maft Pro problems extremely easy so don’t let this put you off buying it it just needs a good look at by us and then we can sort it out for you to better than it ever was !!

2 Likes

As I said onFB I can’t believe your selling it! :flushed::flushed:

I cant believe he wants to waste money on a track car he may use 4-6 times and year !!!

Its not just building one its running one too !

You an me both Stevie!!

Thanks Rob @GSXRKID. I was going to pass on your details to the new owner to sort that. Just needs the tip in enrichment sorted and probably needs leaning out at the top end to make some more power.

2 Likes

Sorry to see you go mate, good luck with the sale and the future build.
Dave đź–’

For the record i have no intention of leaving the club. It is the best car club i have ever been part of and one day i WILL have another GTO/3000GT. So if you will have yet another past owner then i am here to stay!

6 Likes

Some good news work some bad then mate🖒 bet you don’t last long without one I didn’t.

1 Like

Probably not to be honest Dave. I just have an urge i need to scratch to build a track car and the 3000GT is not the car to do it with. And i can’t warrant having 3 cars on the road. I wish i could but i can’t. One day when i have a driveway with space for more than 2 cars I will get another one. It is going to be very hard to see her go.

1 Like

I’ve liked your post but it’s a contradiction really , hope you get what you want for the old girl and will be sorry to see you both part ways :slightly_frowning_face:

Hope you stick around mate , pictures always sell cars and yours is a stunner

Craig :grinning:

Thanks Craig!! I might well be joining you in scooby ownership to be honest mate. Looking for a V5/6 STI. Should be a good base for a track car!

1 Like

It seems this car doesn’t want to be for sale and has sprung a water leak this morning. Anyone wants to offer me £5k can take it away!

Leak is on passenger side so almost certainly the water pump. Anyone wants to pick it up for ÂŁ5k and get it to Eurospec. I think a water pump service (including cam belt) is ÂŁ535 + VAT. ÂŁ8.5k car for under ÂŁ6k!

That really sucks max! What a â– â– â– â– â– â–  nightmare

Oh no !! Better off getting it fixed though mate and getting top dollar , too good to give away cheap !!

1 Like

Well my guess is she just doesn’t want to go, and is making sure you won’t sell her, so there :wink:

Guess that was a bit of a female way of looking at it :laughing: but seriously you must be well cheesed off Max, I feel for you, bad enough making the initial decision, and then this to drag out the pain is bad.

Fate maybe, sorry off being female again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tracie

I would agree Craig but to be honest I don’t have the time or patience to deal with it at the moment. If you want to make yourself a few quid then feel free :wink:

2 Likes

Mate I would be honoured to be the interim keeper of your car until you bought it back m sadly I’m not in that position without letting the scoob go and there is plenty of juice still left to squeeze in that project . When I’m done with that I’m looking at getting a sensible car :flushed: Jag xkr , Maserati or even an r34 , that’s a way off yet though , but never say never as far as a GTO goes

2 Likes