JAE 2016 - 9th - 11th SEPTEMBER

Will bring you a laptop and wifI dongle, live video is much better these days for that than smutty books.:smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Sorted a nice loud whistling kettle that i will probably forget to take off the gas

2 Likes

Don’t worry I used to quite enjoy firing up the genny’s at 6 in the morning :joy:

Craig :grinning:

6 Likes

6…6…you like a lay in then,6 is for sparrows and milkmen,ive been up hours by six

2 Likes

but we don’t go to bed till 5 :joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

We actually normally head off at 2 but it takes 3 hours to find the tents along with tripping over guide ropes :joy:

3 Likes

Be OK this year well lit I hear 🖒

2 Likes

Hey Guys & Girls, starting to get organized for the trip and as I’ve said I’m not a camper, this is new to me and most of You have done this lots of times, therefore I’m looking for suggestions and advice for things I may have to bring with me … I know I know , tent and sleeping bag is a must :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Apart from the obvious , tent sleeping etc , camping chair or 2 are useful , folding table is handy in the tent along with a portable gas burner and kettle , one for early morning brews but means you can have a wash in your tent

Most important though is coats or even another sleeping bag to throw over yours as it can get bitter in the early hours , though it’s probably mild seeing as your a Scottish chap

5 Likes

lights and spare batteries

5 Likes

Alcohol, milk,teabags,coffee, bread, cheese,ham, butter, pot noodles, bedtime nibbles, bin bags, duvet, soap, towel, PJ’S, power bank for phone, tent lights, TORCH a must, wee bottle, airbed or something to not put your sleeping bag on the ground another must.

Just for starters but the rest when I think of them will be more luxury than necessity.

Tracie

4 Likes

Nothing other than clothes tent sleeping bag and wash kit. Plus cash. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is that all Tracie , can You suggest a cheap lorry hire company ? :dizzy_face:

5 Likes

Changed my mind… I’ll book in a Hotel :grin: :relieved:

4 Likes

I dont do camping either mate but i figured if i have toill make sure im comfortable or as comfortable as you can be kipping in a field tbh ive fished in france for weeks at a time in a bivvy so cant be much different to that apart from you have no rod to play with and you dont wake up smelling of fish…apparently

7 Likes

I laughed myself silly with your comment Scott, it does get a bit nippy (and more) so take a quilt. :joy:

Terry :sunglasses:

6 Likes

:joy: :joy: just saying @spiros maybe you could forget the wee bottle then

…at your peril :grin::grin::grin:

Tracie :wink:

4 Likes

Best 2 things to take are a thick skin and a sense of humour :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Thats Good news Scott, I hate fish :smile:

3 Likes

Ok if is enough room I’ll bring a big bottle then.

2 Likes