Antilag on GTO

hi, i’m new to this site, can anyome advise me on the pro’s and cons of fitting antilag to y GTO…tia

Hi welcome to GTOUK :+1:

Pros would be lots of fire, pops and bangs

Cons would be higher fuel consumption (who doesnt like pops and bangs? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) premature turbo failure, cat failure, possibly lambda sensor failure not sure how itd hold up to the extra heat… Plus youd just look like a chav rolling through a residential area (not that id care if it were me) :wink:

1 Like

I didn’t think the twin turbo you got lag?

1 Like

You dont really, but pops and bangs :joy: everyone loves antilag, just not turbos

@marcblonde Hi Mark welcome to the club, we like to know a bit about Your car and Your self also few car pictures please !

2 Likes

Welcome to the club and good luck with the car, what parts make up an antilag device?

usually mapped into ecu ,gto ecu cannot be mapped :wink:

1 Like

You need at least around a 500hp setup to make it worthwile, otherwise its blow and no go.

hi spiros, i own a mk 2 GTO facelift…it has been fitted with a front mount intercooler, it has 13T turbo’s RC550 injectors, running through a maft pro emulator… i dont want antilag for pops and bangs i want it for what it was designed for to eliminate turbo lag… not sure how to post pictures cant find the icon.

1 Like

hi tom yes you do because the turbo’s are in parallel not one before the other…all depends on your map when they kick in, boost pressure also affects them…

hi, not liking the sound of all the cons lol. i was never wanting pops and bangs, only trying to eliminate turbo lag…by the sounds of it i might just stick to what i’m doing… ps. how do i post pictures

hi, i managed to get round that by having a MAFT Pro emulator. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi marcblonde, you just drag and drop from your picture folder into the comments page you are commenting on. At least that’s how I do it :wink:

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Or in Mobile format upload in bottom right.

1 Like

Had mine mapped and dynod bud plus bigger turbos, I get no lag just pure power and acceleration from 2750 rpm to redline :slight_smile:

1 Like

You shouldn’t get lag with 13ts,I’m running 19ts and the car goes from 3000 rpm with no problem at all even on fifth gear from low revs.
Unless your running a big single turbo don’t think lag would be an issue on a gto espescially you must be running over 450 lbs of torque aswell which on 13 ts I’d expect that.
Maybe look at the current map if it can be improved.
Jerry :grinning:

2 Likes

ive got a 550hp setup running about 470 at the moment because needing another map…car had air leak when last mapped, since air leak sorted running too rich…just exploring possibilities… car is in mid evolution mode at the moment, lots still to do including bigger brakes before upping power over 500…whats yours running out of curiousity?

Mine is only running at 427 at 1bar of boost and 520 torque at the moment,but need to upgrade the gearbox from 18spline to 25spline which I got now and it’s got a 300m output shaft installed need to get that in with a new clutch then going to take it to my tuner to map it again increase the boost to maybe 18/20psi and also dial in the aem water methanol injection.
That’s the plan but don’t think it’s going to be this year now as we put the house for sale looking to move to get a house with a double garage this year.

2 Likes

If it’s running rich that might be your problem, get her running right and you’ll see the difference.
What ecu or piggyback your running?