Birthday Bash 2023 29th June - 2nd July

Hi Everyone,

We are looking to hold our traditional camping weekend again! This is not a car show so you can attend in any vehicle you wish although watching people pack large tents and kit into a GTO is always fun!

The birthday bash this year will be held from the 29th June - 2nd July for 3 nights at the following venue:

Manor farm campsite
Main street
Catthorpe
LE17 6DB

FYI - you do not need to stay for the 3 nights if you have work commitments etc… and all the rates below are per night.

• there is a local pub nearby and the farm shop is well stocked.
  • there are on-site shower and toilet facilities.
  • this is a family event so please feel free to bring partners and/or other family members.

The car club has a total of 8 pitches with electric (16A plug) reserved until 15th May at a rate of £38 p/n

If you don’t require electric it may be possible to book a non-electric pitch although there is a possibility you will be slightly further away from other members.

• As with last year we will look to do a day out trip on the Saturday (TBC)
  • We will also do either a club BBQ or evening takeaway on either the Friday or Saturday evening (TBC).
  • A basic Breakfast roll in the morning (TBC).

How to Book

Send an email to [email protected] confirming:

name and number of persons on the pitch

how many nights you want to stay

would like to book as part of the GTOUK group.

you will then be sent a link with the correct price in order to book your pitch.

By telephone: 01788 869002

select option 22

ask to speak to Caroline (or leave a message with your name and number and she will call you back)

make sure you mention your part of the GTOUK group.

If you have any questions please do let us know.

once you have booked please add your name to the list below.

Cheers,

James

3 Likes

Attending:

1. James (thurs to Sun)
  2. Simon (Thurs - Sun)
  3. Steve and Tracie (Fri - Sun)

Usual suspects:

@just_cool @cantfindthegenepool @ms8leach

Anyone is welcome and this is always a good weekend :+1:

James

4 Likes

Yeah @James3000GT put my name down. Friday to Sunday.

Terry :sunglasses:

2 Likes

the book informatoion is now live and you can now book and only pay the deposit

note some members are staying the thursday night as an extension

Simon

1 Like

Be rude not to after last year, Couldn’t of been any more chilled out and the extra nights a good idea :grinning: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

This event is creeping up on us. Remember this is more of a social gathering over a car meeting and is a great opportunity to get to know members as well as talk nonsense :joy:

It would be great to see some new members join us in the art of camping- you can stay for any number of nights - and relax there are facilities on the site such as showers and WC so don’t need to go completely off grid!

To book follow the instructions at the top of the thread - see you all there :+1:

James

Hi everyone,

There is still time to get yourself to a camping weekend with the car club- this is always good fun and why not give it a try :joy:

@just_cool @cantfindthegenepool have you booked this with the site yet?

Cheers,

James

Will do it today James, so much to do, so little time to do it.

1 Like

You’ve clearly not had enough time to renew your Membership either Terry :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::kissing_heart:

Tracie :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

I thought it did it automatically, if it doesn’t then I’ll have to do it. I’m sure 22 quid has gone out of my account according to a recent bank statement. If you could check this I’d be grateful.

Cheers

Hi Terry,

Just had a look and it has expired. I suspect it’s the bank card that has changed in past few years. When you renew with your new bank card it will then automatically renew until that one expires.

Cheers,

James

1 Like

Thank you James, appreciate that, I’ll do it now because yes, I have had a new card.

1 Like

Attending:

1. James (Thurs - Sun) PAID
  2. Simon (Thurs - Sun) PAID
  3. Steve & Tracie (Fri - Sun) PAID
  4. @just_cool - ???
  5. @cantfindthegenepool - ???
  6. @ms8leach ???

Tracie :paw_prints: :paw_prints: :paw_prints:

1 Like

The plots the Club reserved will be released this Monday 15th, so if you are going and haven’t yet booked, time is running out.

Tracie :paw_prints: :paw_prints: :paw_prints:

Hi @Tracie,

Booked our slot on the site Friday and Sat night.

1. James (Thurs - Sun) PAID
  2. Simon (Thurs - Sun) PAID
  3. Steve & Tracie (Fri - Sun) PAID
  4. just_cool -(Fri -Sun) PAID
  5. Martyne - (??) PAID
  6. @ms8leach ??

2 Likes

great news we have a few more people a great weekend, if you havenot been before, not all about the cars, but a nice social to get to know other members of the club

Simon

We’re all paid up :grimacing::man_facepalming::joy:

3 Likes

Just to let you all know the campsite have said if anyone else decides they want to come along and don’t need electric then they should be able to accommodate you :+1:

James

Thought I best test the tent - don’t want to get there and have it going down on me!

Helen said if I’m really good I can spend the week in it :joy::joy:

1 Like

What a good idea Helen. :joy: :joy:

1 Like