Breaking 1994 UK 3000GT MK1

I had a minor mishap earlier this year in my red 1994 3000GT which has now been replaced courtesy of my friendly insurers with a newer (green) 1997 3000GT and I find myself with a car on my drive being broken up. The car pretty much survived fully intact aside from the bumper, bonnet and front indicator - and possibly could have been repaired but I called it a day when it looked slightly out of alignment and so I decided to move on.

I’m holding on to some of the components which are transferable to the 1997 3000GT and the engine (and possibly gearbox) is going to be a longer term project.

The ECU and engine loom have already gone to India(!) to resurrect another UK 3000GT - I feel all warm inside about that :lol:

I’m happy to take requests/PM’s if you have anything particular in mind, odds and sods, pipework, electronic units etc.

Cheers,

Andy

pm sent pal. 8)

STIG.

after a aerial and the gear shift links (i have a short shifter thats a pain and want to go back to normal. think its the after market 1 that fits at the actuall gear nob arther then the links on the gearbox )

The aerial works perfectly but the lower casing suffered some cosmetic abuse when I replaced the mast when I first got the car. Works perfectly though, smooth as you like. £20

Gear lever assembly (what you would need to replace a short shift) I can certainly sort you out with - £20 too. I’d need to send you photo’s of what I think you’d need so you can confirm.

Andy

sweet ill get back to you 2morr with some pics :slight_smile:

Andy what colour is the dash & carpet, grey?

EDIT: i havent forgotten about those pics- just need to go down to where the parts are :oops: :lol:

I also have the elusive MK1 moonroof interior cover £50. Sorry, my car also lost the sunroof winder knob.

I will also not be needing the ABS Hydraulic units (one on the car, one spare) I bought from the USA (MB668392) which are in very very good fettle. £100 each - bargains!

I haven’t yet decided about the front aero tray/mechanism/motor and whether to keep it or not as I am not sure if I will be keeping the aero on the new 3000GT which is a bit mangled… I’m open to offers.

P.S - Anyone actually know if the MK1 Aero tray/mechanism will work with a MK3 front bumper?? If not, then the aero is definately going! :lol:

[quote]zeeck"]Andy what colour is the dash & carpet, grey?

EDIT: i havent forgotten about those pics- just need to go down to where the parts are :oops: :lol:[/quote]

The carpets are grey - I’ll bet you were after black! (I must confess, the interior in the new car seems sooo much nicer!)

I was just thinking about you actually with my last post, as I know you have a MK2 non-aero tray for sale which I might take off your hands if it will fit under a MK3 nose I have waiting to be fitted?

im going from a mk3 to mk1 and inside mine was black so its not a bad jump back to gray, cant really tell much diffrent you still look out the window

Andy You have PM

Steve

[quote]

[quote]zeeck"]Andy what colour is the dash & carpet, grey?

EDIT: i havent forgotten about those pics- just need to go down to where the parts are :oops: :lol:[/quote]

The carpets are grey - I’ll bet you were after black! (I must confess, the interior in the new car seems sooo much nicer!)

I was just thinking about you actually with my last post, as I know you have a MK2 non-aero tray for sale which I might take off your hands if it will fit under a MK3 nose I have waiting to be fitted?[/quote]

Yeah I was hoping for black carpet but didnt think it would be :cry: :lol:
The tray should fit the MK3 bumper- I will find out and let you know :wink:

What condition is the oil cooler in pls ?

I hope it’s better than this - yes that is a piece of rubber and jubilee clip (shudder)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Pungushe/DSC00043.jpg

Hi mate whats the interior condition like could you possibly post up some pictures?

regards

VJ

The oil cooler pipes are already off (I bought new ones last year) and to be used on my replacement 3000GT as I know how bad they get, sorry guys.

The interior leather is a bit tatty to be honest, needs re-trimming - but fully working. I can post up some pics when I get the chance.

PM sent Andy,

Cheers Neil.

[quote]PM sent Andy,

Cheers Neil.[/quote]

Now what you buying !!!

:lol: :lol:

minor but nigley stuff mate, hopefully :wink:

Hi,

I’m after the bracket which connects to the gearbox bell-housing just below the starter motor. I can email you a drawing if you give me your email address.

Cheers, Robert

[quote]Hi,

I’m after the bracket which connects to the gearbox bell-housing just below the starter motor. I can email you a drawing if you give me your email address.

Cheers, Robert[/quote]

email to: [email protected]

If I haven’t taken it off already (as I have already removed the starter motor) then it’s probably easy for me to spot, but I’ll wait for your drawing.

Andy

And it works like a charm, thanks Andy!

You still have the stock instrument cluster? Might be needing that too.