Car Won’t Start :(

I’m Erith But Say Dartford As Not Many People Know It :joy:

im just down the road to you

1 Like

No way small world … where abouts?? :+1:t2::slight_smile:

And i am only in Southend !

1 Like

That’s good, really want to try and sort it out for my dad. He’s not well at the moment so hasn’t been able to get under the bonnet. So any help is 100% appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you everyone for you help and for saying hello :wave:t2:

5 Likes

Hi Zara

When my gto sat for a while . and when i come to start it it did not start , It turned over all the dash lights came on , just no life , I checked all sorts of things , and it ended up being the ecu , I was told it is quite common for them to go faulty after they have sat for a while ? On my mark 1 gto the ecu is behind the radio , There quite easy to take out ,a couple of bolts and a plug , if i remember ? If you contact the ecu doctor they will advise you 01752 346437 , ,They are very help full , I think if you send it to them they will check it for free and advise if it needs a repair , i think mine was 100 pounds ish to repair that was about 2 years ago , Good luck

Matt

1 Like

O yes and welcome to the club , Lots of people have helped me know end here
excellent club : )

2 Likes

I had mine done also you may want to check your receipt unless he’s come down alot! I paid £215 for him to change x25p capacitors…I know I’ve opened it.
I’ve just repaired an ECU by the way, I will look at your ECU if you wish but would need you to become a full member as @matttinsley did because of the advice he received. I’m still hoping a member will offer to pop over with a bit of knowledge to help you get this started for your dad… then maybe you can buy him club membership for Christmas :heart:
Dave

2 Likes

Sent mine off last year.
Checked by ecu Dr no issues found £50-£60.
Plus my p&p.
Jensen

1 Like

welcome to Gtouk Zara, hope you get the car sorted and lots of help on here good luck

1 Like

Is Zara your surname by any chance?
Jerry

No it’s not lol whys that?? Thanks

My next question would’ve been…ARE YOU MALTESE!
As zara is a Maltese surname!
Jerry :grinning:

Haha nope it’s my first name :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Behave @gto_power1 this ain’t tinder :joy:

7 Likes

I should ov kept my mouth shut​:joy::joy::joy:
Jerry

3 Likes

Any error codes registered on the ecu?

A post was split to a new topic: New member after advice on possible purchase of a 3000gt

Please create a new thread and introduce yourself, I will move this and start it off for you.
Dave