Club Event - NEC Birmingham March 2024

Pleased to announce GTOUK has secured a stand at the Practical Classic Car Show at the NEC Birmingham Friday 22nd March - Sunday 24th March 2024.

This is an indoor event where we really can showcase our cars, any model, any stage… a show car or work in progress.

We have space for 3-4 cars to display on the stand.

If you would like to display your pride & joy.

A few details for displaying cars.

Drop off (set-up) is Thursday at the stand where your car stays until Sunday approx 5pm when the Show ends.

Full FREE admission for you for the 3 days + FREE admission for a + 1 with you.

Free car park pass if you are showing you car but a 2nd person is coming with you in a different vehicle.

Accommodation - if needed.

Loads of hotels in the area from budget to luxury.

Websites used before are…

Booking com

Stayforlong (cheaper for a 3 night stay)

At the moment we are looking to see who would like to display their car, but would also like members to support the Club there as day visitors, free passes, albeit restricted, will be available for you too.

Don’t think my car isn’t show standard, the NEC encourage restoration at this show, for the public to watch, so a bit of work on the stand is great.

Please post if you would like to display or if you’d like to attend as a day visitor (stating which day).

A few pics from our previous attendances at this event.

Steve

6 Likes

Add your name if you would like to show your car, priority given to those not shown before.

1. Stevie (Reserve)
  2. Kevin (Reserve)
  3. Lara
  4. Leon (Reserve)
  5. James (Reserve)

Add your name if you would like to attend as a Day Visitor with Free Entry, stating which day you’d like, first come, first served as we have limited Free passes.

1. Mike - Friday & Saturday
  2. Kevin - Sunday

Steve

1 Like

Pop me on the reserve list if you can’t find enough to fill it :ok_hand: happy Xmas everyone

2 Likes

I’ll be popping in as well. Most likely day visitor Friday. I will confirm this very shortly.

Mike

4 Likes

Would love to come along and support on the Saturday please only down the road from me :blush:
Be great to meet many of you.
Thanks
Lara

3 Likes

@Lara Do you want to display your car?

I can do but want to get a few bits done, should be done by then :blush:
If you are happy to keep me as a stand by to let other members have the opportunity that be fabulous please James.
But really great to be on stand Saturday & possibly do Sunday too.
Thank you
Lara

Hi All,

This is a great event to show off your car to a wide audience and also see some great car collections. Remember your car doesn’t have to be of mint showroom condition.

James

1 Like

Can you add another day for me and Barbara please…we’ve already put in for Friday, but I think I need more time to thoroughly see everything, and 2 days will do it. Last year we ran out of time, just when I was enjoying it.
Thanks

Mike

3 Likes

Hi James
If space on the stand to bring my car would love to bring it along please and only up the road seems crazy not too :blush: and help out over the three days.
Thank you
Lara

Not a problem- as you’ve never displayed your car at the NEC im certain you’ll have a space :+1:

James

1 Like

Aww thank you James
Ill book the time of work for the Friday and time provisionally for the Thursday afternoon.
:blush:
Lara

1 Like

Great @Lara :+1:

Be lovely to have a new Member and your car on the Stand.

The NEC are very strict as regards drop off of your car on Thursday and take off on Sunday.

All the information is in @stevie post at the beginning of this thread, but, it’s your first time here, looking forward to meeting you, so just shout if something seems confusing :wink:

Love your enthusiasm, see you in March :+1:

Tracie :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

4 Likes

Hiya Tracie

Thank you, :heart: my car sooooo much.

Be wonderful to meet you too :blush:

Ohh yeah NEC are did a couple of work Expos some years ago … not the easiest of venues, let me know time you want me their Thursday to make it easy.

Thanks for being so welcoming, everyone is super helpful really lovely.

See you soon
:blush: Lara

3 Likes

Hi AlI,
I will be helping to set up the club stand even if my car doesn’t make the list on Thursday.

TBH its chaotic on set up day so getting there around mid morning is best. We also have to erect GTOUK flags and backdrop, carpets too if we go down that route.

Normally our stand is in hall 5 but we have been designated a stand in hall 4.

The floor plan will be available in the stand in the next cpl of days.

Steve

4 Likes

If there is room I would love to show my GT again Leon

1 Like

No problem helping out. Or bring anything etc

2 Likes

Ps. If there is a stop over hotel B&B, you guys are going. I would be interested as lm driving from north Wales.

1 Like

Can be a reserve etc…

James

1 Like

Hi Lara,

Last year we aimed to get there for around 11 am on the Thursday as it is quite busy getting cars into the building etc… it can also take some time getting the cars out on Sunday evening. All that said it will be great to see your car and meet you in person etc…

James

2 Likes