Customisation questions

Hi all,

So I have been reading up on the forum and have come across a post that leads me to believe I can put. Mk2 rear bumper on a mk1 is this correct?

Now if this is the case that’s cool but is it possible to put a hoop spoiler on a mk1?

Any help would be great :blush:
Richard

MKII bumper onto a MkI is a piece of cake , to do it “properly” the wheel arch liners should be changed to the later ones , I didn’t bother and unless you knew what you were looking for you would never know , the number plate light bracket also is slightly different but can be made to work .

Hoop spoiler again no problem but you will need the holes welding on your boot lid from the old spoiler

Craig :smile:

All of the 3000GTs are rotten underneath.

Someone tell me i’m wrong?

They tend to rustier. This is usually because of salt. The japs do not salt their roads.
However, some gto are just as back if they have been here a while, and used our winter
Marty

@CDMH cheers Craig that helps a lot.

My next question is does anyone have a mk2 rear bumper for sale? Preferably in silver but if not I’d still like to know.
Regards
Richard

Hi Craig,

Does that mean the centre garnish can be changed to a mk2 one as well?

yep easy to change too , i went mk4 (99 )on mine

Craig :smile:

2 Likes

I will tell you that you are wrong @Skyraker. I would agree that 99% of them are but having got underneath mine recently i can safely say that it is solid as a rock. Had a nice underseal on her belly so i abused it with a screwdriver and couldnt find any problems at all. This summer i am going to get the underseal redone just to be sure it stays that way!

@CDMH & @maxxbradley

So this evening I have been trying to work out why my drivers side interior light isn’t working so I checked the fuse box and came across this

Now I want to get this wire removed and the fuse put back in but I can’t find out what fuse it requires?

Any help would be great
Richard

Here you go have a look at this

Craig :slightly_smiling:

http://evilempireperformance.co.uk/gto-3000gt-shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30_43&products_id=532

The picture is what it should look like …lol

Hope this Helps

Cheers Rob

Agreed, isas a bit harsh.

There are some nice e amples that have been undersealed and looked after.

Des

@CDMH hey Craig, I’m picking up a hoop spoiler tomorrow :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: just checking a couple of things out first.

1 - when I remove my spoiler will the hoop spoiler fit in the same holes? Apart from the one in the middle of course.

2 - the parts on the side of the hoop spoiler will I need to drill holes or are these held down by adhesive?

Regards
Richard

I honestly couldn’t tell you fella , I’ve not seen the underneath of a hoop spoiler and seen the fixing points .

Sorry , I know a few have so they may reply to you

Craig :slightly_smiling:

Hey guys nd gals, looking at changing my front lights from a mk1 to have the mk2/3 is this possible and if so what do I need to replace?

Richard

it is possible, i believe you would need new light buckets, front bumper, headlights, bonnet most probably modification to the wiring loom for the lights and maybe a few other different brackets there are a few people here that have done the conversion @GSXRKID being one of them they will be able to tell you everything you would need.

mark

1 Like

@GSXRKID hi rob istheconversion of thefront difficult to do?

Regards
Richard