Eurospec Dyno Day Part 2, Fri 17th April **Confirmed**

[quote]

no probs mate, i will add your name to the list, i should imagine Ben and Russ would be able to sort something out for you!!

Paul
Just noticed you’re from Stoke, Paul. I was born and raised there! Go back every now and again to see my old mum. She lives in Birches Head, just outside Hanley. I hardly recognise the place now, though…

it’s changed a bit in recent years, me only being quite young i don’t know what it was like back in the day but now i see changes all over the place!! i was born and raised in Clayton, right close top j15 m6 Myself, now i live up near Keele uni :roll:

next time you are comin up drop me a pm and will see if we can organise somethin!!

Paul
I went to Keele uni between '72 and '76! My mum lived in Clayton 'til she got married… Sure, I’ll give you a shout next time I’m up that way. Will see you at Eurospec before, though :wink:[/quote]

small world!! lol

Paul

Paul

Have you thought about the format for the rankings on the day?

Will it be power at the wheels or at the flywheel?

What about a total combined figure of HP + torque?

Anyone got any views / preferences?

André

Paul

are you getting money up front for this ?

or dividing the cost between those that attend ?

Simon

This is coming up fast chaps!!!

i have spoken with Ben and agreed that we have only a half day due to the number of people.

the day will start at 09:30 i will be there at that time if i don’t get caught up in traffic coming down from Stoke.

I was thinking in the afternoon if nobody has any objections we could possibly go and get some lunch at a local pub? open to suggestions!

as for the evening, this is still a very open plan and we can discuss this either here before we go or on the day?

oh and it will be pay on the day please so if you have your name down please endevour to attend! If for some reason you cannot attend please let me know either on pm or in this thread.

Paul

Paul

[quote]This is coming up fast chaps!!!
i
the day will start at 09:30 i will be there at that time if i don’t get caught up in traffic coming down from Stoke.
I was thinking in the afternoon if nobody has any objections we could possibly go and get some lunch at a local pub? open to suggestions!

Paul[/quote]

Like you, Paul, I intend being there at 9.30 too as long as the soddin’ M11 and M25 traffic on the way down from Norfolk doesn’t get in my way! :roll:
Pat

Hi guys put me on the list to come.

i’m waiting for my boss to give me an answer on having the day off but more likely to get it than not as we getting quiet.

Hopefully i’ll be able to change my plugs in time, maybe even fit my e-manage and injectors! :smiley:

[quote]Hi guys put me on the list to come.

i’m waiting for my boss to give me an answer on having the day off but more likely to get it than not as we getting quiet.

Hopefully i’ll be able to change my plugs in time, maybe even fit my e-manage and injectors! :D[/quote]

added to the list, see ya there!!

Paul

I’ve just got my car driveable and MOT’d.
It feels very strong at the bottom end which is a relief because I wasn’t sure how laggy it would be using the Subaru turbine housings. So far I’ve not pushed it because I really don’t want to blow it up before the rolling road day!
I’m running just actuator pressure at the moment which is about 8psi on the gauge and I’m gradually increasing the revs and watching the A/F and knock like a hawk.
Unfortunately today as I opened it up in the higher gears, the clutch started slipping. This I suppose is to be expected but I thought the std one would be a bit stronger than it was and I wasn’t planning on launching it at the Pod!
A lightened flywheel and clutch are on my to do list but as I now find myself in between jobs they are going to have to wait.
I’d still like to run the car on the rollers and let Ben set up the emanage and get it running safely. I am going to avoid driving it till then and save the clutch.
Unfortunately it looks like big numbers on the day are out of the question.
:cry:

I took a short video as if you listen carefully you can now hear the turbines running down after it’s revved which is nice!

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/ashasciak/?action=view&current=08032009060.flv

Don’t forget this is next week!!!

Paul

Looking forward to it, should be there hopefully for the start.

André

the day will start at 09:30 i will be there at that time if i don’t get caught up in traffic.

Paul[/quote]

I went down on Saturday & it took me 2hr 20mins, went again yesterday to fit an alarm on a R33 Skyline & it took me 3hrs 45mins, Moral of the story is: You can never tell what the bas**rd traffic is going to be like :shock: Good luck anyway & myself & Diane will see you at the AGM :smiley:

Julian.

[quote]

the day will start at 09:30 i will be there at that time if i don’t get caught up in traffic.

Paul[/quote]

I went down on Saturday & it took me 2hr 20mins, went again yesterday to fit an alarm on a R33 Skyline & it took me 3hrs 45mins, Moral of the story is: You can never tell what the bas**rd traffic is going to be like :shock: Good luck anyway & myself & Diane will see you at the AGM :smiley:
Julian.[/quote]

yeah i figured the traffic will play a part, i am aiming to leave mine a 6am, so i will have 3 1/2 hours to get there! hopefully the traffic won’t be too bad as the schools are off and it’s early doors!

see you at the agm mate :slight_smile:

Paul

at 6:00 on a saturday it will be a breeze to get there.

it’s the fri mate!! :slight_smile:

Paul

Is there any room left on this? I’d really like to come up for a power run (stop laughing) if you can squeeze a little one in please?

Took the car out for a few logged runs today and gave it some serious load and no knock recorded so I’d like to see what it’s putting out now without the timing pulls.

[quote]Is there any room left on this? I’d really like to come up for a power run (stop laughing) if you can squeeze a little one in please?

Took the car out for a few logged runs today and gave it some serious load and no knock recorded so I’d like to see what it’s putting out now without the timing pulls.[/quote]

yeah i think that can be arranged!!

Paul

Hope so, thanks 8)

Dont forget to bring some cash down with you please!!

see ya in the morning!

Paul

I’m sure you’ll be overjoyed to know that both I and Simon will be attending for a short while in the morning… :lol:

I’ve just finished a clutch change, talk about to the wire!

The cars got a really rough tune but she’s full of Vpower and ready for tomorrow.

See you all there!

Ivan.