Eurospec Dyno Day Part 2, Fri 17th April **Confirmed**

See you guys in the morning :smiley:

i am struggling with a slight oil leak from the rocker!! :frowning: i will have to see how it is when i get there!!

Paul

I’ve got the same thing mate, I think Ben said he had some gaskets in.

André

[quote]I’ve got the same thing mate, I think Ben said he had some gaskets in.

André[/quote]

its quite a bit of oil though! :frowning: and it’s already got new gaskets!!

Paul

what a muppet I am how the hell did I miss this oh well will keep a better watch for any future ones :slight_smile:

You’re all familiar with the phrase “less is more” aren’t you?

Well, on that basis, I think my car’s the best and that I should get some sort of prize for today’s results :wink:

Was good to meet up with some more club members and put more faces to names.

Yet another extremely useful day in the company of “them wot know”

Many thanks to Paul for organising it.

How did you get on today Martin ??

Solved you knock issue and made more BHP …?

Hope you all had a good day out.

Cheers
:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for asking Elton, YES!!!

The knock issue is no more … a bit of phantom now and again but that’s not a worry. If anything it’s running a bit rich so there’s still some stuff to play around with and keep me interested.

More BHP? - :oops: a little ie 6 :lol:

But I’m not bothered, she drives well enough for me (for now) and at least I can enjoy it more now without worrying myself sick that it’s going to blow up.

[quote]Thanks for asking Elton, YES!!!

The knock issue is no more … .

More BHP? - :oops: a little ie 6 :lol:

at least I can enjoy it more now without worrying myself sick that it’s going to blow up.[/quote]

That’s bang on the money …

Its not ALL about how much bhp it makes…its about how long it will make the bhp for that counts !!!

Nice one for persevering on you issues and getting them sorted.

OMG!

What a day!

Congrats to Paul W, he won on the day! I’ll let him tell you his numbers!

Cheers,

Ben.

With an oil leak as well ben ?

Malc

Yep! With an oil leak!

Cheers,

Ben.

Thanks to Paul for organising a cracking day!

It was great to meet up with like minded people who share the pleasure and pain of GTO ownership.

A massive thank you to Ben who was a magician with the emanage and sorted the fueling as quickly as I could up the boost.

Ben held my hand and led me safely to the land above wastegate pressure and it feels good!

I drove home 140 BHP higher, with a conservative final figure of 450 at 1.2 bar, which was achieved with an old bleed valve I had in the boot.( I had issues with the electronic boost control I was using).

I’m going to sort my boost control and look forward to the next rolling road day.

Cheers,

Ivan.

Ivan, i really have to say mate- congrats to you!

I hope Ivan doesnt mind me explaining about a few of his mods, he has a partially gutted maf, and a maf bypass- ie an unmetered air leak in front of the turbos and behind the maf. These are things which make a lot of people and i admit, me included, go OMG, NOOOOOO! At the very least you would expect erratic behaviour and airflow, and a pig to map.

But hats off to Ivan, this works well- the afr is fine and its tuneable indicating the metering is stable and the bypass is pretty much proportional, plus, there is no unwanted timing shift effect from the lower load assesment of the ecu- the mainscale in the e mannage is stock, but the injectors are bigger.

I say well done for doing your homework and making it work, there is method in it, and whilst my experiance and the ‘accepted wisdom’ of the tuning world says its ‘not right’, you made it work. Congratulations!

Cheers,

Ben.

So does that mean he’s balanced the amount of un-metered air with the additional fuel flowed by the larger injectors that the ECU doesn’t know about either?

Basically, yep!

Was good to get to the bottom of your knock issue too Martin, you can enjoy driving it now 8)

Cheers,

Ben.

A big thank you to Ben and not least Paul for organising the day.

Great figures btw Paul, after your nightmare and all your hard work, you really deserved that result mate, well done!

Ivan, nice figures too! Again, another massive effort paid off.

Thanks to Mark and the other Ben for their help in tracking down and rectifying some boost leaks.

I must say that I have come away with a headache trying to think where my fueling problem might be, but rest assured it will get fixed and…I’ll be back!

André

Yes, a great day all round. Thanks Ben for tweaking my map (bit of timing retardation on the Map2) and getting rid of the small amount of knock I was getting at 6000rpm +. Now zero knock all the way to the top!
I WILL get bigger injectors and we SHALL increase the boost! Mind you, the engine is so torquey now that I’m not sure I actually need any more horses for a road car… :roll:
Like Doc Martin, it was good for me to put more faces to names and to see more members cars close up and running.
Ben worked particularly hard, non stop, all day. What should have been a series of power runs for him ended up being a day of hard mapping! Well done Ben for sending everyone away happy - even poor old DJ Tommo who discovered some “issues” with his baby. At least he now knows what they are and can address them before he blows his engine to pieces.
And Paul - what can we say, apart from well done! Fantastic result… :slight_smile:
PS - Russ, if you ever read this, Ben said that the car was “beautifully mapped” by you…

[quote]You’re all familiar with the phrase “less is more” aren’t you?

Well, on that basis, I think my car’s the best and that I should get some sort of prize for today’s results :wink: [/quote]

Well on that basis Doc i think i should get a prize as ben wouldnt run mine! :lol:
Running a just a bit lean with a dead 02 sensor and some sort of fuel restriction/boost leak, Ben decided it was much safer not to run mine.

Big thanks to Ben for diagnosing more problems tho. That guy doesnt miss anything! Honestly i do appreciate it ben. I like to know when i have problems asap so they can be sorted. maybe i should come over weekly for a checkup :lol:

Great day out and thanks to paul for organising it. \congrats to your big power run too! (Shame about the oil leak but bet it was worth it :smiley: )

Scores on the doors. Where are they?